Chapter 1

The sun wakes you from your slumber. You grunt and hide from the sunlight by putting your pillow on your head. You try to sleep but you know that you shouldn't. You had something important today.

Important. You still don't know how to feel about it.

You groan and get out of bed. Looking at your phone it's 5:30. You sigh, and walk to the shower. You undress and get in the shower. The warm water reminding you of how warm your bed is. You get out and dry yourself. And get dressed while looking out the window. You had just realized it's open but it's not like it mattered. The window was looking out at a tree that was leaning against a highway wall. You could hear the loud fast cars passing by and shut the window.

You get dressed in a band shirt. And then a flannel. With black pants and your hair in a messy bun.

You look in the mirror and force a smile.

"Come on y/n (your name), maybe this will be different" you say leave your bed room and go down the stairs and go straight to the kitchen. You eat a cookie and leave your home and lock the door. It was still dark out, well it was only 6:50.

Why are you up so early. Today is the first day of your new school. You moved out of your crummy home after having enough money to move out. Yes your home is a small crummy home. The only way you were able to afford it was cause you worked day and night. Maybe also the your house use to be a crack house also helps. But it's really all you could afford.

Lot of stuff to deal for a new highschooler. Luckily you were old enough to be able to move out. You didn't have to wait till you were 19.

You walk to your school. Highschool.
New dead Meat. You stopped at the bus stop and then walked into the bus. The smell of smoke filled the air.

This bus are for freshmen. What's with all the smoke.

You thought as walking to the back. Of course the back seats were occupied. And the students sitting in the back were the ones why the bus smelled with smoke. The bus was quiet. You knew this was cause you were new and everyone was trying to read you like a book. You didn't care.

You say near the back cause you had walked all the way there and didn't want to turn away and walk to the front. You didn't want to look rude and show that you didn't want to sit next to the loners in the back. You were a loner yourself. So it worked out in the end.

You saw the group of kids but the one that stood out to you was the boy with blue hair. Something about the smooth hair that covered a bit of his eye. The smile he had on his face while holding a cigarette in between his lips. And after over hearing him talking about music his accent was adorable.

Really y/n

Really y/n. You're not even at school and already have a crush on a guy. Have you not learned your lesson.

You were so lost in thought that you didn't noticed the blue hair boy sit next to you. You jumped a bit after realizing. He wasn't smoking anymore so he smiled and held his hand out.

"I'm stu, you're new right?" he said kindly.

You shook his hand. "Yeah I'm new I'm y/n"

" I'm sorry, I couldn't help but notice your band shirt and well I had to say hi" Stu said scratching the back of his neck.

"No thank you actually. This bus was getting a bit too quiet and I didn't want to be alone" you said with a smile.

Stu was kind for his appearance. You never should judge a book by its cover. But humans always do it without trying.

He looks old. He's for sure a senior.

"You're a senior right? Sorry this bus is for freshmen I know but I don't really own a car like others." You say

" yeah I'm a senior, I can't drive. So we have something in common. We don't own cars." Stu said with a smile.

You guys talked till you got to the school. You really did become friends quickly. Or you hope he thought you were friends. Once off the bus you waved a good bye to Stu and thanked for the conversation.

His accent is really cute. Silly but adorable.

You walked to the front of the school and walked to the main office. Lucky the rooms were labeled so it was easy to find it.

There they looked at your background.

One of the lady's there, you assumed she was your counselor. She looked at you confused.

"Good student mostly A's and high B's.
So why would a good student leave her old school and come to this one? This school is for trouble makers and well not the brightest minds." She said

"I moved here and this is the only school here so I don't have much of a choice." You answered.

"I see. Well these are your classes. We don't have much of the classes you had in your old school. So we can give you normal English, Algebra 1, U.S history, and music class. Is that Okay?" The lady said

You grew eye wide. " what only 4 classes?" You almost shouted.

"Yes like I said. Not the best school. We have short school days." She replied.

I might be able to get a full time job then.

You leave the office and then go to your first class English. You walked in. You didn't realize how much time has went by. The class had started 10 minutes ago so everyone knew who the new student was.

You felt your hands grow sweaty, as you feel every one starting at you.

"I'm new. Im in this class now." You say shyly.

"Awe. Yes. Y/n. Yes come in. New student when school ends in 4 months. That's new. Do come in we are just reading A house on mango street." The teacher says.

He points at a seat and you're able to calm down and focus on the teacher.

Tall with brown curly hair. His name is Mr. Vega.

You look around the classroom. It has projects from students on the walls. And being honest they weren't the best. Looked like a first grader had made them. And then you looked at the book Mr. Vega was reading to the class. You sighed. You read this book back in elementary.

After a few chapters of just listening you start reading your own book. The book thief. You hope you didn't get in trouble for not paying attention cause you were reading.

Mr. Vega noticed you were lost in your book and tapped your desk. He was shocked when you dropped the book and it fell to the floor showing it's title.

"The book thief?" Mr. Vega looked in shock.

"Yeah sorry it's that I read a house on mango street back in elementary. So I had to read one of my own books." You said with guilt.

"No. Very impressive that book is wonderful one of my favorites." Mr. Vega smiled and continued reading.

This time you payed attention until you felt something fall onto your desk. A piece of paper had appeared. You turned to see Stu sitting next to you.

You were sitting next to him this whole time. Why didn't you notice. He has blue hair God dammit.

You smiled and opened the note.

_______________________________

Your author here. Welcome to my 4th x reader. So hope you enjoyed. I wrote quite a bit so I'm proud.

Xx meli.