Chapter 39

"We are deadly thorns, and we are gonna play a song I wrote called zombie. I hope you enjoy it" you say into the microphone. Everyone claps in approval.

You start playing looking at your guitar, the others follow along. You guys were pretty good at playing this song so you just needed to sing well and not slip up a word.

You look at the crowd and take a breath.

"Another head hangs lowly..." you sing.

You sing with passion and the crowd stares. You continue singing looking at Johnny who nods his head as he plays his guitar.

You look at Marco who seemed to give a small wave to someone in the crowd.

" And the violence causes silence..." You look at the crowd and see a familiar face. It was Marcos boyfriend waving back at his lover. They were a sweet couple.

He looked at you too and gave you a smile and a thumbs up.

You lifted you head a little as a signal of "hey".

" with their tanks and their bombs. And their bombs and their guns" you got to the powerful part in your song.
You took a deep breath.

"In your head. In your head. Zombie zombie." You close your eyes singing into the microphone with all your might.

After that verse you open your eyes to see people actually dancing along. Or rather moving their heads.

Johnny does some simple vocals and you once again take a breath to get ready for another verse.

" Another mothers breaking, heart is taking over" you continue to sing.

Johnny does some backup vocals. He also had a good voice.

"In your head, in your head." After that people seemed to like it and you heard people singing along. Well trying, they were doing pretty good for not knowing the song.

They seemed to have liked it. You stop singing and continue playing. This was the instrumental part. You were glad you didn't know if your voice would be able to take it.

After it was all over you took a deep breath. You turned to see Marco and Johnny smiling at each other.

The crowd was roaring. It was larger than you remembered. Some people yelled encore. Some yelled again.

You giggled.

"We are selling t shirts, and a cd with the song you just heard in our booth." You said into the mic pointing to your booth.

You got of the stage along with Johnny and Marco.

"Guys that was great!" You said.

"Yeah y/n You sounded great out their" Marco said.

"Yeah babe best performance yet" Johnny said patting your head.

You look at the crowd one last time and see someone. You see spiky blue hair and black eyes. No it can't be.

You rub your eyes. No. There's no one their. The person looked shocked. Could it have been him?

No you might just be seeing things.

The sun is going down it's getting pretty dark so it must of been your brain playing tricks you thought.

"Okay let's see how much shirts and cds we can sell." Marco says.

"Yeah hopefully we sell a few" you say.

You three walk back to your booth. You sit at one of the chairs behind the table. Some people come in.

"Hi your cds have that song you were playing right?" One of the girls say. Her friends seem to nod in agreement.

"Yes, our cd has that song, you will be able to play it for hours." Marco says.

"We will take three, and can you sign them?" Another of the girl asks.

"Um sure that will be 15 dollars." Marco says. Finding a sharpie and signing his name on the CD and passing it to you. You sign it and then hand it to Johnny who signs it as well.

After signing the other two cds the girls pay for them and then leave. They ended up coming back to buy a shirt.

After selling 5 cds Marcos boyfriend came in. He had on the band shirt and smiled.

"You guys sounded amazing out their" Marcos boyfriend said.

"Oh hi Mark didn't knowing you were coming" you say

"Came to see my favorite drummer." Mark says messing up Marcos hair.

"Do the m and ms wanna hang out?" You giggled. You called them that due to the fact that both of their names started with a m.

"If you don't mind I wanna take Marco to see a booth he might like" Mark says.

"Are you guys okay with me leaving?" Marco looks at you.

"Yeah don't worry about it" you smile.

They both get up and leave. The festival looks fun so you couldn't blame him.

"I'm gonna go get tacos want some?" Johnny says getting out of his chair.

"Yes please, chicken." You say.

Johnny gives you a finger snap his way of saying okay.

You sit in your booth and more people come in. You sold out cds and their was only 2 left that you wanted to keep. Their was only 4 shirts left as well.

You should of put two more songs on that cd you thought. Instead of just the one.

"Can I have a cd?" You hear a girl say

The girl who just walked in was tallish she must of been 11 or something. She had long hair and long bangs that covered her eyes.

She looked familiar. Noodle you thought. But it couldn't. Noodle was a little girl. She couldn't have grown this much.

"I'm sorry we ran out of cds" you say.

She had a small disappointed smile.

You sigh. "Give me a sec" you say grabbing one of the cds you wanted to keep and handing it to her.

"How much" she asked she had a huge smile and looked so happy. She talked a little bit like noodle. But this girls English was better.

"Nah it's okay. Here you can have this too, we can't sell it anyway." You say and hand her a shirt. It was small but would fit her well. The small size wasn't selling anyway. You could just put the money in the box anyway.

"You sure?" She asked again hugging the cd and shirt.

You smiled and nodded.

"Thank you. And sorry." She said and walked out of the booth.

Sorry? Sorry for what. Oh well.