Chapter 36

"Y/n please open the door. I can explain everything." 2D yells him banging at the door to your room.

You open the door and let him in.

You say nothing. You lower your head down.

"I didn't mean to do any of that. I just made a mistake and I'm sorry." 2D stuttered. He was drunk. You could smell it in his breath.

You stand up and slap him. 

You look up at him. Feeling tears well up your eyes.

"I never wanna speak to you ever again. Never talk to me." You say and push him out.

You laid on your bed. Crying. You didn't know what to do. But you knew you wanted to get the hell out of there.

You grabbed a piece of paper and wrote a quick note. For everyone to find.

I quit.

Simple enough. You just had to leave you knew that. You grabbed your suitcase. You hardly unpacked so most of your clothes were in the suit case from tour anyway. You grabbed your wallet and left. No one noticed you leave the front door. You left and walked away from your former life.

What the hell am I gonna do now.

You thought. You really didn't have any where to go really.

You decided to head back to your old home. Murdoc had made you try to sell it. But you never did and Brian always did you the favor of going every once a week to make sure no one breaked in.

You walk toward the parking lot. And take your car. You put the keys in and start it. Giving one last look at the hotel and then leaving.

You questioned if this was a good idea.

You knew that you and 2D had grown apart. But you thought it was normal. You guys still hung out and enjoyed each others company. You and him would still watch movies and enjoy making each other laugh.

You didn't kiss as much but you assumed that was normal. Like what couples makes out every day. Or rather maybe you didn't want to believe it.

You felt your phone vibrating. You ignored it. You didn't want to deal with it.

Hollywood was far away from your old place. You drove without stopping. The sun rose and you stopped by a motel.

You paid for a room and crashed to the bed. Thank God you had money I'm your wallet and your credit card with you.

You cried. You never thought 2D would do this to you. You finally open your phone and notice a bunch of missed calls and text messages.

Noodle texted you.

She sent simple texts. Begging you to not quit. She loved the girl time you guys would spend together. She was growing older she needed another girl in her life.

Maybe she didn't know why you quit.

Russel had texted you as well.

Asking me why I left. And that if I didn't want to comeback he would understand but still hopes I'll go back.

Seems like he doesn't know either. Maybe 2D hasn't said anything.

Murdoc and Russel would beat his ass if he said what he did. So fair choice you thought.

Murdoc. Well he texted you more aggressive.

He texted out profanity and called you many names and demanded you come back.

You actually did send him a text.

"Fuck off"

Simple enough.

As soon as you texted that he tried to call you. But you sent him to voicemail.

Now. You read through 2D texts.

He send 200 texts saying he was sorry. And to please come back. He would explain it all. He blamed the drinking. But you didn't know what to think about it.

You called him.

"Luv! Yew called. 'M sorry for everything. I didn't mean to do any of that. I was drunk and didn't want to hurt yew. I know how it looks but I didn't mean to do any of that. I have proof-"

"I don't know. You were drunk that isn't a excuse. I trusted you. And you took that trust and gave me a big fuck you."

"Luv I'm sorry. It didn't happen like how you saw. I didn't kissed back. She forced her self on me. I can prove-"

" She was on top of you 2D and you didn't have a shirt on. I don't know if I can believe you."

"Luv. I'm sorry. Please. Come back to the band. You're all I have. Please."

"Had. I'm not going back. Bye."

You hang up.

You go outside and look around. The motel was next to a river. How nice.

You look at you phone 2D was calling you.

You knew murdoc will try to trace your phone so you throw it into the lake.

Getting rid of your only communication with the band.

You sighed.

And walked back to the motel and crashed into the bed and sleep.

This is it your new life without gorillaz in your life.

It had been a good year and a half. But it was time you had left.

You felt bad. Maybe once the band went back to kong you can get all your stuff you had left there. Or you can go before they got to kong. Seeing you knew where they left the spare key under the door mat.

You sighed. Does 2D really have proof. Does that really change anything. Maybe they really did take advantage of him.

You didn't know and honestly you didn't care at the moment. Anger filled you head and rational thoughts weren't going to happen.

You're surprised you didn't yell at 2D back at the hotel. Or kick the girl.

You felt stupid.

You laid in bed and let your emotions consume you and fell asleep.