Chapter 61

"Yew ready?" He asks.

You grab your basket full of sandwhiches, chips, cookies, and other junk food. You were surprised that murdoc had let you go with 2D to this hill. Also that he had given you all this food.

You figured he was up to something so you put your guard up.

"Yeah I'm ready" you say checking your shoelaces were tied.

2D was waiting in the elevator door, murdoc gave you and 2D freedom. But he did say if he say us escaping we would be shot down.

You guys headed up the elevator. The darkness from the sky out side overshadowing everything.

The plastic beach reflection the light of the moon and many stars in the sky.

"Woah, it's so pretty out here" you say in awe. Blushing feeling vulnerable to once in a long while.

"Just you wait the sun rising is amazing" he says walking toward the end of the beach to a small boat.

He got in it. It was so messy.

"Hey, 2D" you say. Getting in the boat with him.

He looks up. Shocked wary of what to shy. He was always wary of what to say now that you were back.

"Yeah?" He says.

Starting to row toward the hill in the distance.

"Why do you have white eyes. I haven't been able to ask" you say running your hands through the cool water.

"Oh it's a long story" he says nervously

"Okay, it looks nice. I didn't notice until I looked at you for a while." You say still running your hands through the water.

"Uh, thanks luv" he says. Blushing and turning away. You just shrugged your shoulders.

You looked at him. Looked him straight in the eye. Examining those new white eyes.

"So you can change your eye color now?" You say.

He just stays quiet.

You sigh, you felt bad that he had gotten so shy. He was shy before but not like he is right now. He practically shivers every minute.

You felt pity for him. Maybe cause you loved him for years. Did you still love him you thought. Or were you still pissed at him you thought.

If you were mad would you have came here with him to this hill. You still looked at him. Playing with the mess he had in his boat. It was just as messy as his room back at kong.

You looked at the stars, remembering your love for them.

"Remember when we slept in that tent by kong?" 2D chimes in.

You look at him and then remember that date. It was sweet and you remembered what had happened that night. You giggled.

"Yeah, when you gave me a hickey and murdoc called us out" you say laughing at those memories.

He blushes, and continues rowing not continuing the conversation.

Why did I say that.

"Were here" he says. Getting out the boat. Pulling in closer to shore. The hill was pretty steep but it would be a great place for looking at the stars.

2D gives you his hand, you grab it and he helps you out the boat. You let go of his hand and head toward the hill.

You climb up it and 2D hands you the basket you grab it placing it aside and helping 2D up.

You sit down and 2d sits down as well. The basket separated the two of you.

You guys grabbed snacks and ate watching the stars.

"You still like constellations?" He asks.

"Yeah, but I don't remember the names of them like I use to sadly." You say.

Looking at the stars the only constellation you remembered was the little dipper. But who really forgets about that one.

You look at 2D he has been staring at you.

"I miss being wif you like this" he says playing with his thumbs.

You hum taking a sip of your coke you had taken out of the basket.

"Do yew have a boyfriend?" He asks.

You freeze and start coughing. The sudden question making you choke on your soda.

"What? Why would you ask that?" You say.

Wiping your lips with your sleeve. You look at 2D again who looked very embarrassed.

"No, I haven't dated anyone ever since I left kong." You say.

"Really?" He asks.

"Look just because I didn't go out with other people doesn't mean I haven't moved on." You say shooting back a look at him.

"I'm sorry luv, I really am. I did stupid things, I should of stayed did yew. I wish I could also myself and have stayed wif you. I just.. I was really nervous and tried to plan some things as well. I know noodle is still alive. I saw her jump. I know I did. But no one believed me." He says digging at the plastic grass glued to the painted trash.

"I know. I know. But you could of told me that before we could of gone to look for her together." You said.

"I know, I just am not that smart okay! I didn't think! I just wanted to see yew happy again and I thought noodle being back would help" he said.

"Oh, I didn't know that." You said.

"When I left I was looking for her. I told murdoc I would be back in a few weeks hopefully with noodle. I told him to take care of yew. I left and then when you called me it hurt." He says.

"Murdoc? He never told me anything like that. He just said you left, that you didn't wanted to be a part of gorillaz." You say looking at 2D blinking at him.

"I told him to tell yew." He says.

"What was murdoc doing when you told him?" You say.

"He was in his room laying on his bed, I went asked for my last paycheck and I was leaving gorillaz. That was right. Then I told him to tell yew everything I just told yew. When I was done he just threw his hand up and said 'yeah yeah get out' he gave me the check and I left" he says.

"Im sure he was drunk." You say slapping your forehead. 2D really thought murdoc would give me that info.

You looked at 2D. Did this information change how you felt about him. Could you forgive him now.

He looked at the sky shoving his fave with some cookies every few minutes.

You missed him a lot, he was also your best friend. You sighed and look at the sky.

Should I forgive him.

Why did I not date anyone. Was it cause I still had feelings for him. Does he even have feelings for me.

Why did I continue being a artist if I became one for 2D in the first place.

Why am I happy that I can see him again.