Chapter 37

It had been months since you left gorillaz. You did of course followed the news. Gorillaz never finished that movie. Apparently the directors got tired of the constant parties. Figures.

And gorillaz separated after that.

You didn't know where everyone had gone. You heard murdoc was in Mexico or something in jail. And Russel had gone back home. You didn't know about noodle or 2D.

You weren't bothered.

You had moved back home. It was exactly like you had left it. Your photos were still on the walls and your bed still was messy from the one time 2D had slept in it.

You questioned if this was a bad idea. If you had just left so sudden. Why didnt you let 2D explain himself. You thought why you couldn't believe him. Why you didn't believe 2D that he hadn't started the kissing with that girl. You and 2D had problems before that. The honeymoon stage went by pretty quick. And the fact that he was being seen more in the public eye and you well staying more as the silent member of gorillaz. You really couldn't go out on dates much without cameras following you two every where. More importantly 2D was growing as a big artist, he wanted you to be seen in the public eye as well, but you wanted to stay hidden. That big difference really started to effect Your relationship. Your bond with 2D changed but for some reason you still held on to a couple of those photos. You still had feelings for the guy. You couldn't help it.

You remembered it all to well.

Of course that was months ago and your room had changed. The photos were gone and there were shelves of figurines on them. You had cds on the shelves as well.

You actually had gotten a job and was in your own band. The lead singer may I add.

"Babe are you here?" You heard a voice echo.

"Yeah I'm here." You say.

Up came Johnny. You had met him after you got into the band. He asked you out a few times. After all the trying you said yes and became a thing.

Johnny was a good person but he did get rather annoying and rude at times. You weren't sure if this was his true form or was he just in a bad mood more now.

You hope that he wasn't just nice to you just so he can ask you out.

You had been with him for a month and you were able to tell him off if he tried anything.

Johnny was a classic example of a grunge person. He had the longish messy hair. Wore the old flannels and always had a band tee. He had the snake bites and the dark black hair.

"Thank God my sweet heart is here. Ready to leave? The band ain't the same without ya" Johnny says telling from downstairs.

"Shit right we are performing today." You yell as Johnny walks up the stairs to your room. You quickly grab your fancy jean jacket covered in band patches. Rolling stones, green day, misfits, and well gorillaz.

Yes you still enjoyed hearing the music. It was good. How could you not be a fan.

You brushed your hair. You had dyed it. It was a bright [your favorite color].
It went well with your style.

You then grabbed your trusty guitar case.

"Let me get that for ya." Johnny says while messing up your hair.

Johnny was thin looking but was pretty strong. So he had your guitar in one hand and another in his other hand.

"Thank you so much. Let's get going I can't wait!" You yell while jumping down the stairs. Well once you got towards the bottom. 

Johnny laughed.

"That song you wrote is gonna kill them" Johnny smiled as you two walked out the door.

You locked your home and walked down to his car.

Your band were gonna play at the music festival today. It's this big thing. The city closed off a whole street to set up a stage and some small booths.

Your band had a time to sing a song in the festival. Which made you really happy. And one of your band members Marco recored the song to sell cds. 

Marco really wanted go make a profit for the band. He played the drums but was kind and was a fast learner.

Johnny put the guitars in the trunk and you got in the car.

You felt excited but pretty nervous. You played with your thumbs and smiled like a idiot.

Johnny started the car and started driving away from your home.

"You nervous?" Johnny asks.

" A bit but I'm exicted!" You say holding one of his hands while he has his other hand on the wheel.

"Your band is sweaty. You'll be fine no need to be nervous. That song suits your voice, I heard you sing worse." Johnny says.

You roll your eyes and let go of his hand. It sounded like he was joking but after getting to know Johnny. You know he meant what he said.

" So you singing holiday right?" Johnny asks breaking the silence.

"No I'm singing zombie. We already talked about this." You say annoyed.

"But I like holiday better." Johnny whines. 

"Cause you were the one who wrote it" you smirk and sigh.

"Fine. Fine. Zombie it is" Johnny says

"Thank you" you say holding his hand again.

"Ew. Why is it even more sweaty" Johnny says wiping his hand on his shirt.

You rest your head against the window. Not speaking. You wondered.
Would 2D do that. You nodded your head and continued to watch the road.

"You never told me why you named that song zombie by the way" Johnny said. Once again breaking the silence.

"Cause of a old friend" you say.

"Who?" He asks.

"Not important." You say.

"Is it that Brian guy?" Johnny said with some venom in his voice.

"No. I told you I don't talk to him anymore." You say pissed.

Johnny didn't like Brian. Johnny really didn't like you having guy friends. So after you started dating Johnny you saw Brian less and less. But he ended up dating another girl. He seemed happy and you were glad for him.

The question was. Are you happy?