5

"Zee! Hey- sorry- I got a call that you needed a ride?" Barry walks over to me, as I walk out of StarLabs.

"I- think." I say hastily, walking over to him as quick as I could, still in confusion on how the one and only The Flash, knew Barry Allen.

"You- think? Come on- I was gonna drive you to Jitters to grab a coffee. You look pretty worn out." He says, lightly grabbing onto my arm and gently pulls me over to his car.

"Yeah- it's been rough, I guess." I speak quietly, getting in the passenger seat of his car, thinking if I should tell him about what had just happened, or what I'm finding out about myself- or anything. But I decide against it.

He nods slowly, not asking further questions, driving to Jitters quickly, parking, then dragging me inside with him.

I sat down at one of the booths, as Barry insisted to get us both coffees, and soon enough, he had sat down in front of me, sliding a cup of coffee in front of me, me being distracted by the steam coming from it.

And with that, thee Iris West had walked into Jitters and over to her boyfriend "Detective Pretty Boy."

I looked up at Barry, and he couldn't keep his eyes off her. Once he saw her walk over to Eddie, his expression dropped, him quickly looking down at his coffee.

He was blindly in love with her. He had that small piece of hope- that maybe- just maybe- Iris would find her way to him and leave Eddie. Just like I had hoped things would turn out with him and I. But. What he doesn't see is that Eddie and Iris are so hopelessly in love with each other. He was just breaking himself down slowly, breaking me along with him.

"Zee-?" Barry speaks quietly, looking up at me.

I blink, looking up at him quickly, my eyes slightly wide because I wasn't expecting him to say anything, turning my head slightly, watching Iris and Eddie walk out of Jitters, then turning my head back and looking at him, "Y-yeah?" I stuttered a bit.

"Are you gonna drink that? You've been staring at it as if it was going to run away from you." He chuckled a bit.

"I- oh- right- coffee- i'm stupid-" I ramble, and pick up the mug, sipping out of it, immediately letting go of the cup, hissing in pain because I didn't realize how hot it was.

"Frick- I'm even stupider now-" I stick my tongue out in attempt to cool it down a bit from being so hot, I didn't seem to notice that Barry had caught my cup, and every single drop in seconds, and had it in front of him again, so it wasn't spilled.

"Great job, idiot." He laughs at me.

I laugh a little, sitting up, rubbing my eyes tiredly.

"I could drop you home?" He spoke up after a awkward silence.

"I'll actually walk-" I start to say but get cut off when Barry's phone rings. "Actually- maybe you should walk- I'll- call you later- okay?" And with that, he rushed out.

I huff, drinking the rest of my coffee and start walking home, kicking little objects on the ground, in boredom, deep into thought. I have been pinning over Barry for years. Maybe it's time I stopped. He clearly- wasn't into me in any way- and wasn't ever going to be. I need to stop being so into him and find someone else. I'm an adult- and I'm not even doing anything with my life anymore. it's like. depressing.

I walk into my apartment and sit on my couch, letting out a small huff, playing with my hands. I sat there for a bit. and by a bit. I mean. a few hours. doing various things. until I found myself, slowly falling asleep.

I jolt up as I feel a burning sensation on my bare arm, and come face to face with Iris, who is repeatedly hitting my arm.

"ow- why are you hitting me?" I mumble, looking at the coffee table to see that she had used my spare key to get inside. "how- do you do it!" she slightly shouts at me.