Recovery Part Three Chapter 39

Louis' POV

Niall and I were coming back from the cafeteria, and I look to see who is left in the waiting area. It looks like most everyone has left. They must have went to see Selah and went home after. Selah's mom and Aunt Rosa are sitting with my mom. My mom looks up, "Oh Louis, the rest of the boys left with Emily, Eleanor, and Selah's brothers. They decided to go home for awhile and give you time alone." I sigh and sit down next to Selah's dad. Niall is sitting with Katelynne. The room stays quiet for awhile. Selah's mom stands and walks over to her husband, "Honey, I think we should go home with Rosa for awhile and rest. What do you think?"

Mr. Smith gets up. Niall and I stand too. Mr. Smith pulls me in for a hug, "I know our daughter is in safe hands here, I'm not just speaking of the hospital, I am speaking of you. I want to properly thank you and the other boys for saving Selah's life." He looks over at Niall to shake his hand, but Niall gives him a hug and says, "We would have done it for anyone. I am glad though that we did get to meet and know Selah." At this he looks over at Katelynne and smiles. "It gave me the chance of meeting Selah's best friend here." Mr. Smith smiles, "I will be the first to tell you that Katelynne here is a wonderful young lady," He smiles at Katelynne. "I will have to thank the other boys later. We best be getting home to rest. "Louis, call us with any changes at all son."

My mom hugs Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and Aunt Rosa. Then she looks at me, "I guess we are all going to head home, Louis. Niall what are you two going to do, you guys going to stay with Louis or do you need a ride back home?" Niall looks at me then at Katelynne, "Do you want to go home or do you want us to stay with Louis?" Katelynne looks at everyone, "I would like for us to stay here, Louis shouldn't be alone." Niall takes her hand, "It is settled then, I am glad you want to stay because I didn't want to leave Louis either." They all say their good-byes. Then it's just the three of us. All is quiet then Katelynne speaks up, "Louis, Eleanor is a really sweet person, and I think she is sweet on Matty, and he on her. You and Niall should have seen the two of them. They hit it off really quick." She chuckles.

I smile, "Well that is good, I was hoping they would. Did you get to see Selah, Katelynne? I know Niall hasn't been back there yet." Katelynne tears up, "Yes I went back while you two were eating. She looks so bad, but I am glad she will be okay. I think you should go see her Niall." Niall stands, "I will do that right now, so Louis can go back there again." He hugs me, "I am sorry that she has to be in that bed and not in your arms. This has to be really hard." He lets go of me and grabs Katelynne in his arms. "I know I would not take it well if that was Katelynne back there." He lifts Katelynne's chin and kisses her. "I will be back in a few minutes."

When Katelynne was left alone with me, she thought it would be a good time to talk to me about Eleanor, "So Louis, what do you think about Matty and Eleanor hitting it off, I mean isn't that like weird or something?" I chuckle, "No it's not weird to me at all, and Selah loves Eleanor, so I am sure she would want her to be happy. Actually she didn't want to be with me if Eleanor still had feelings for me. So I told her the truth, neither Eleanor nor I have any feelings for each other. Since meeting Selah and feeling what I feel for her, I know this is true love that Selah and I have. I am so thankful she is going to make it. It's hard on me with her not being able to respond to me. I can't wait til she wakes up." I say the last part quietly.

Louis' POV

It has been 13 days and Selah still isn't awake. It's getting so hard on me. The doctor said he had stopped giving the medicine to Selah that caused her to be semicomatose, but she was still in a coma. The doctor also said he would give Selah about 7 more days or her parents would have to sign a form to take her off of life support. I sat by her bed holding her right hand. I have tears streaming down my face, and I am praying. Emily and Katelynne had started the praying so that got the boys and me praying. I start praying and begging for Selah to wake up. I didn't know how long I had been sitting there crying and praying, but I knew it had been a few hours.

I heard a noise that made me look up. I glance over at Selah's face. I can't believe it, her eyes are open and she is trying to talk. She has a tube down her throat that is keeping her from talking. I say to her, "Selah, you're awake, oh thank you Lord! Squeeze my hand if you are in any pain." She squeezes my hand. I kiss her hand and she just looks at me, "I will be right back I am getting the doctor." She stares at me like she doesn't know me. I realize then that she may have amnesia, I pray that it is the temporary kind. "Be back with the doctor." I let go of her hand and walk out the door.

Selah's POV

I am not sure what is going on. I am in a bed in pain at a hospital. Apparently my name is Selah. When I first heard him talking, I heard him saying he couldn't wait til we were married because he loves me so much. He said that the day we became engaged was the happiest day of his life, so I am his fiancé, but I don't know his name. He is so gorgeous though. Oh thinking of all this is making my head hurt really bad. I wonder how I ended up here at the hospital, and how come I don't remember what happened, nor do I remember who he is. I know he realized I didn't remember him, I could see the hurt in his eyes. It was only there for a second, then it was replaced with concern. He must truly love me.

I hear the door open, and in walks the doctor alone. I stare at the door wondering where he is. The doctor notices me watching the door. "I am sorry Selah, but I told Louis he has to wait outside the door until we check you over and see how you are doing. I am also going to give you some meds to calm your pain down. We will wait a few hours before we take the tubes out of your nose and mouth. It's just a precautionary measure. Louis told me you didn't recognize him. I told him that it's common when you have had some concussions and have been in a coma for 13 days. I expect your memory will be fully intact within the next few days." The doctor checked me over.

Well at least I know his name is Louis, grr I wish I could remember everything. I hope the doctor is right about me remembering everything within a few days. I don't want to wait a few days, I want to remember today. I could feel myself getting drowsy from the meds. I don't want to go to sleep. I want to see Louis, he seems like the type that probably stayed the whole 13 days, I must be really lucky to find a man that caring. The doctor speaks up, "No fever, no swelling anywhere. Everything seems to be healing quite well. Actually you are healing faster than anyone I have ever seen in this shape. It's from the prayers, your friends, family and future husband have been praying. Be thankful." He walks out the door.

Ten minutes later I hear the door open again. I look hoping it is Louis, but it is an older woman. She seems a little familiar, but I can't think of who she is. She walks over to me. "Hi sweety, how is my daughter feeling? I know about the temporary amnesia. Squeeze my hand if you don't know who I am." I squeeze her hand, well I know now that she is my mom, but I don't remember her. When I squeezed her hand I could see the hurt in her eyes. I start getting sleepy. She notices, so she kisses my forehead, telling me she loves me, and will let me rest. She smiles at me and walks out the door. I let the sleep takeover.