SafeHouse Explanation Chapter 46

Louis' POV

I wake up and reach over to pull Selah to me, but I quickly realize the bed is empty. I get up wondering where she may be, then I hear some faint laughing. I open the bedroom door to see where the laughter is coming from. Realizing it's coming from somewhere downstairs, I heads down to see what could be so funny at this time of night. When I reach the bottom of the stairs, I hear the laughter coming from the kitchen, and notice that it's Zayn and Selah laughing. As I gets near the doorway leading into the kitchen I hear a noise like someone is falling. Worrying it might be Selah, I rush into the kitchen only to find Selah in Zayn's arms kissing. I could feel my blood curdling, "What the hell is going on here, I don't like what I see at all?!" Selah and Zayn both turn to explain that it was an accident with them being drunk and Zayn being lonely it just happened without them thinking. I hurry and walk out of the room cussing before I lose control and beat some sense into Zayn. I fly up the stairs. I get to my room, looking around, not sure of myself or how I should feel about this. I notice the window seat and sit down. The tears start streaming down my face, I turn to look up into the sky. I wonder why all these bad things keep happening, and why it feels like someone is trying to tear me and Selah apart. I hear someone clear their throat behind me. I turn around ready to tell Zayn to get out of my room, but it wasn't Zayn it was Niall. Niall walks over and hugs me, telling me everything is going to be alright. Niall starts explaining what happened because he saw everything.

Niall's POV

I left Selah's room and went to talk to Louis. I open the door quietly as not to disturb him. Louis was sitting on the window seat looking up at the moon and stars. I clear my throat. Louis turns around with a look of anger like he is going to yell, but calms down when he sees me. I walk over to him and give him a hug, "Louis everything is going to be alright. I saw what happened. If they weren't drunk Zayn wouldn't have kissed Selah. I don't know how you didn't see me in the corridor, I was standing there looking into the kitchen, I got there just before Selah slipped out of the chair and I saw Zayn catch her before she hit the floor. Selah looked up as if she was going to thank Zayn, and that is when Zayn looked down at her and he kissed her. Both of them looked at each other in surprise and just when you hurried into the kitchen Selah started pushing Zayn away, but you walked in before they could pull away from each other. You were so angry and hurt you didn't see the looks on their faces, them realizing what just happened shouldn't have happened. When you ran out of the kitchen, up the stairs and to your room in such a hurry, you didn't hear Zayn apologize to Selah. Zayn looked down at the floor, and Selah looked at Zayn with forgiveness on her face. Zayn felt so bad about it he started crying. I don't think you have to worry about the two of them ever doing that again. Selah is in love with you, she wouldn't intentionally hurt you, and Zayn well he was drunk and feeling lonely. He wouldn't intentionally hurt you either. The five of us are like brothers, and things happen that we don't like. We always pull through no matter what."

Louis' POV

I chuckle and wipe the tears from my face, "You know what, Niall it is usually me having to cheer you all up. Now look I am the one needing to be cheered. I shouldn't have left so angry, I should have let them explain. Just seeing them kissing made me jump to conclusions, like if Eleanor didn't love me then why should Selah love me, if she loved me she wouldn't be kissing one of my best mates. Niall you helped me to understand the situation, you have an old soul in a young body. Thanks mate, do you think I should go talk to Zayn or Selah right now?"

Niall's POV

I laugh, "You are talking crazy now telling me I have an old soul in my young body, are you sure you didn't sneak some liquor up here and drink it?" I laugh again, "I think you should wait til morning to talk to Zayn. I saw how drunk he was so he is probably passed out right now. Selah is probably passed out too, I brought her upstairs and put her in the next room, passed your door. You should probably go in there to sleep so when she wakes up, she will see you there and know that you aren't mad at her. I best be getting back to Katelynne, I think I have fallen in love. I cannot stand being away from her for too long. I think I am going to ask her to marry me." I was smiling from ear to ear. "Now don't you tell me it's too early because you only knew Selah about a week and you proposed to her." I start chuckling.

Louis' POV

"I'm not the one that is going to tell you that, your family is." I start laughing, "I think I will go sleep with Selah. I know she will have a really bad hangover in the morning so I best be prepared." We both walk out of the bedroom, saying goodnight, and go our separate ways. I head to the next bedroom, go in and get in bed beside Selah. I pull her close to me and I fall asleep with her in my arms.