SafeHouse Misunderstanding Chapter 45

Selah's POV

I wake up and it's dark outside. The moon is shining through the window right on Louis' face. He is sleeping so peacefully. I can tell he is dreaming. He is smiling and the veins in the side of his temple are pulsing. I am hungry, so I slip out of bed without bothering Louis. I still have to walk slow, because my left leg still hasn't healed well enough. I open the bedroom door, my engagement ring clangs against the doorknob. I hurry and look at Louis to see if the noise woke him up, he is still sound asleep. I slip out of the room and slowly shut the door. I listen to see if I hear anyone still up, but all is quiet. All of a sudden I hear a faint sound of a clock chiming. I count the chimes. It's midnight. I make it to the top of the stairs. I hadn't noticed how many stairs there were when we first got here cause I was so tired. There is a dim light on the wall at the top of the stairs, so I can tell there is a lot of stairs. I think if I go slow, I will make it down. I hear a sound behind me, and it startles me, I almost plummet down the stairs. I feel someone grab my arm catching me before I fall, I think it must be Louis. I turn and I'm surprised to see Zayn.

I take a good look at him, I can tell he is still not himself. "Thank you Zayn, you saved my life by catching me, if I had fallen down those stairs I would most likely be dead. I owe you one." I try to cheer him up, I look into his eyes, and I can see the sadness lifting from him. He smiles. "Selah, it was nothing, I am just glad I was here to keep you from falling. I tell you it would kill Louis if anything happened to you. How do you think you were going to make it down all those stairs with your bad leg? It's a good thing I was thirsty or I would have never come out of my room." He chuckles and picks me up. I am like, "What are you doing?" "Carrying you down the stairs what's it look like. you can't make it down on your own, now can you." He softly laughs, and carries me all the way to the kitchen sitting me down in a chair at the table. He goes to the fridge, looks inside and pulls out some ham, mayonnaise, and two cans of soda. He sets them on the table. He gets the bread out of the bread box. He notices there is a Liquor Cabinet. "Oh look what I found, just what I need, he grabs a bottle of rum and comes back to the table.

"Oh wow, do you think that will help with the pain in my leg at least for awhile." I ask him jokingly. "It will for a bit." He says with a smile. I had already drunk some of my Coke, I took another drink while I watched Zayn make two ham sandwiches. I sit my Coke down and he hands me my sandwich. Before I know it, he is pouring rum into my Coke. I try to stop him. "I was just joking, I wasn't serious." He says, "You need it for the pain right now, besides this much isn't going to do you any harm. Don't worry you will be okay." I shake my head, "I don't know, I probably won't like it, I have never drunk it before." He pushes the drink over to me. I pick it up and take a big drink, I choke on it and bout throw up. Zayn laughs at me while he gets a towel and gives it to me to clean myself up. He says, "The first time you drink it, you don't take big drinks you idiot," He says playing around. We sit there and eat quietly, before I know it, I am on my second can of Coke and Rum, I start feeling really tipsy. Zayn is already over halfway to being drunk, and he notices that I am too.

He laughs at me. I try to talk but it comes out all slurred. We both laugh so hard that I start falling out of my chair but Zayn catches me. Our foreheads bounce off of each other. We stop laughing, I look up and Zayn is staring into my eyes with a look of yearning. Before I know it our lips connect, I can't stop him fast enough because I am so drunk, but I realize I am kissing back, about the time I stop and shove him away, I hear a voice filled with so much anger and hurt, it's Louis. My heart sinks to the bottom of my stomach. Louis is yelling, "What the hell is going on here. I don't like what I see at all! I look at Louis and try to tell him that with us being drunk, and Zayn being lonely it just happened. Louis turns and storms out of the room, cursing. I look at Zayn and he is looking at the floor, I can tell that he feels bad. He looks up at me and there is tears in his eyes, "I am so sorry Selah, I should never have kissed you." He puts his head in his hands.

I hear someone walk into the room, I turn hoping it's Louis. It's Niall, he has a concerned look on his face. "You guys can explain everything in the morning during your hangovers." He tells Zayn to get to bed. He reaches and picks me up, carrying me up the stairs, he goes passed Louis' and my room. He goes to the next one and sits me on the bed. "Just sleep here tonight cause Louis' is hurt, I saw the whole thing. You guys laughing woke me up, so I went downstairs to see what was going on. I saw you bout fall out of the chair and Zayn catch you. Zayn was just lonely and drunk. He wasn't thinking straight. I will explain what I saw to him, when he realizes it was all innocent, he will understand and things should go back to normal. Now don't worry, just get some sleep cause you are going to need it with the hangover you are going to have tomorrow. Niall leaves and says goodnight. I am too exhausted to think so I fall into a deep sleep.