Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Brynne's POV

You know how when you were younger you would jump into bed with your eyes closed right after you turned the light off so the darkness of the room wouldn't scare you and your eyelids were black but you couldn't see anything. Well right now I was afraid to open my eyes. I was definitely in the trunk of a car, I knew it was Brice's. My eyes were still closed but when I heard a screech of the trunk being opened I squeezed them tighter hoping it was all a dream. I saw white through my eye lids forcing them open. I was now in Brice's tight arms. He placed a hand on my face and said. "It's okay. It's only us tonight" I was frightened. 'Only' does that mean later on more people will come. If I even have a future. The only light thing around here was a street light that illuminated Brice's car. I couldn't see where we were or an address of any sort. I'm stuck. He took me down some stairs. I was still in his arms and the more I struggled the stronger his grip got. This room was a little bigger than a king size bed. Which that's what was placed in the room. Their was about a two feet border around the bed. It has no sheets, pillows, head bored. Nothing. It was scratchy and hard. Brice turned around after he locked the door. "C'mon babe, let's have some fun" he said and took his belt of and whipped me before throwing it across the 'room'

Brianna's POV

Well it's been three months since the socs beat the living crap out of me. It took me over 3 weeks to recover. Steve was by my side most if the time. The doctors told me I couldn't smoke anymore because in my x-rays they found out I have asthma and abnormally thin vocal cords. So if I smoked anymore I would have a strong chance of getting lung cancer. Also while they were looking at the X-rays they found out I have scoliosis, so yeah my life sucks. My parents were taken to jail for abandoning me and not paying taxes. So the state took the house away. I found myself a nice little apartment, but it's far away from the Curtis' so I find myself their less and less. Steve wants to get back together and so do I. I'm just not ready. I've seen plenty of girls surrounding him at the DX. He's fine. I have nothing to live for anymore. I was taking a bath in my new apartment.

Brianna's POV still

I grabbed my cigarettes and lighter and shoved a towel under the door so the smoke wouldn't go through out the apartment. I was on my fifth one when I heard a knock on the front door. "Bri?" I knew right away it was Steve. I stayed silent. "Bri c'mon I know you're in their. Your cars in the parking lot." He yelled. I shakily put my hand on the stool but it was so smoky I accidentally knocked it over. "Bri? Are you okay? I'm coming in if you don't open up in three seconds. 1...2...3..." He counted out then a crash came from my living room. I still stayed quiet, not because I wanted to but because I couldn't get any words out. I was having an asthma attack. I started wheezing and gasping for air, but nothing came In. I dropped my cigarette on my rug and immediately it burst into flames. More smoke filled the bathroom. I started to see black dots, I was getting no air. My head went under water. I was still looking for air but only sucked in water. Another crash came from above. Black smoke filled the room. "Holy shit! Brianna? Bri? Are you in here," Steve called out. I used all of my energy and splashed around barely kicking my feet. Steve must of seen or heard me because I was pulled out of the tub. I was limp still asking for air, barely getting any, I was also coughing up water. Steve laid me on the bed and rushed to the bathroom and put out the fire. I was wheezing and had my hands on my chest when he came back into the bed room. "Damn it bri" he said and searched through my nightstand drawers. I pointed weakly to the dresser. He ripped through all of my lacey underwear and found the inhaler. He sat me up quickly and pressed it between my lips and pressed the can. I took it in and instantly felt relieved. I hacked a little but managed to breathe. I looked into Steve's eyes. He held something up. "Really?" He showed me my half used pack. I moved my mouth not being able to speak, because my voice was gone. He took them and threw them out the window. I saw some blood drip down his hand onto the floor. I sprung up and gripped his arm looking for the wound.

I rolled his sleeve up to see a minor burn. He winced when I poked it. I sat him down a the table and bandaged him up. "Thanks" he said. I nodded. "You know, your voice needs to come back soon so you can tell me about this" he said and pressed his lips against mine. I kissed back, he pinned me against the bedroom wall and took me to the bed. The rest of the night was a blur.

Cori's POV

Everyone in the gang went to see Beth except me and Lexa, I'm not sure if Brianna went or not, I haven't talked to her in awhile. I was laying on the couch when I had the urge to use the bathroom. "Lexa?" I knocked on the door with my legs twisted. "W-what?" It sounded like she was crying and then the toilet flushed. "Hey I gotta use the john. Can you just not look or something?" I said and kept banging on the door. "Hold on" she said and it sounded like pieces of metal were being picked up. "Okay I'm sorry but I'm about to wet myself." I said and opened the door to see her scrubbing blood off the floor and picking blades up. "I'm sorry" she cried and ran out of the house. I did my business and ran after her. I searched for hours and finally found her by the fountain. "Hey lex" I said and sat down next to her. "Why did you walk in?" She asked not facing me. "Honestly, I had to go pee" I said truly. She chuckled sadly. It was quiet until I moved to over to her other side. "Hey lex if I show you something you gotta promise you won't tell the others" she nodded. I lifted my sleeves to see the scars from over the years. "I've been cutting since I was twelve. My parents used to abuse me and I had no friends and I was super self conscious and still am. I thought it was the end. But then my parents found out and changed. They became extremely happy to just cheer me up. I slowed down a little then but at the time the only thing that kept me sane was that blade. I would wear bracelets to cover up the new marks so my parents wouldn't get any more insane. But I stopped completely when I met the gang. Twobit cheered me up and everyone was so sweet and kind. I almost cut again when I died my hair but I stayed strong. Now I'm not gonna tell you to quit because that never worked when people told me. Just slow down, one less cut a day and you'll realize how much everyone loves you and is their for you. Johnny would loose it if you did something you couldn't take back. You're 17 for Christs sake."

She was balling I shed a tear or two as well. "Now this stays between us. I won't tell no one I promise" I held my pinkie out. She swatted it away and hugged me. "Now let's go get some meat on those bones and get a hamburger" I said and forced Lexa up. She looked just about ten percent happier because of my talk. Because of that it made my day to see her small true smile again.

••••••••••••••••••

A/n

Wow. Lots of Steve feels hopefully! poor Brynne and Cori and Lexa now have a BFF relationship. Please leave feedback you five readers 😂 I love each and every one of you so much! Thanks for reading!

Stay gold