Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Ponyboys POV

I finally left my room. Partly because they needed the bed for the girls that were just jumped and because I was tired of being in their. Clare was balling her eyes out at the sight of all of the blood. "Steve, Twobit. I'm gonna take Clare to my house for a sleepover since it's so crazy here tonight" I chuckled. "Wouldn't say it was crazy. More creepy for a 5 year old." I walked over and kissed Clare's forehead. "Sleep tight butter cup" she grabbed my greasy head and kissed it, then whipped her mouth off. "Bye pony" she waved to all of us and got in Brianna's old car. Now all of the girls were gone or sleeping. "Damn we picked some crazy girls" Twobit joked. "Yeah but they all have some impact in our lives just these past three months I've gotten really close to Brynne. Now she's gone and I don't know how to handle it." They nodded "I remember this one time..." ~~~into a flashback~~~

Ponyboys POV

Flashback 

It was a regular fall day, it was starting to get chillier since it's only like 3 weeks until December. Brynne insisted we go outside for some fresh air. I wasn't really feeling it but id do anything for her. She's my light. We packed a picnic, basically just some of Clare's juice pouches and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I didn't mind though, it reminded me of my younger childhood. I was putting my hoodie on while Brynne impatiently tapped her foot as she waited at the door. I grabbed a few blankets because I knew it would be cold. We arrived at the park and set up by the fountain. The ground was hard and cold. Brynne was shivering and fidgeting so I allowed her to crawl on my lap. My mouth twisted and almost opened to ask her the question. To be my girlfriend. I knew I should have then and their but I needed to wait for the right time. Magyar we ate we just agreed to go home because it was so cold out. "Here I'll carry that" I said and took the blankets from her hands. "Thanks" I put the basket and blankets in one arm so the other was free. I grabbed her hand and walked home. ~~~~ "now I know I just should have asked her then and she wouldn't be gone" I explained and began to tear up. "Ponyboy. It's okay. We are gonna find her. I promise." Sodapop rubbed my knee. "I felt the same way when I was still with Sandy and I had a moment with Emma." He said and continued.

Sodapops POV

Flashback

It's the summer of 1967. Sandy and I hit our 6 month anniversary the night before. When we walked in the door hand in hand, Emma made and excuse to leave. So I watched her walk out the back door and turn right. Sandy brought my face back to hers and connected lips. Everyone groaned and left the room. She wrapped her legs around me and kissed me more, pushing me on the coach. I wasn't in the mood for this. Emma is my best friend and could be in danger. I was a little out of it when Sandy yelled. "go find her and don't come back until you do. Because you won't be focused on your girlfriend until your best friend is found." I took that as a chance to find her. Right as I shut the front door and turned around Johnny and I were nose to nose. "It's Emma. Come quick. I think my parents finally broke her." He pointed to the tree with all of the long branches we used to climb. Emma was sitting under it. The side of her head was bleeding. Her arms were all bruised with scratches and mentally she looked terrified. "He almost killed me Johnny." She said looking at her feet. Johnny was watching from afar. "It's me Em" I said and kneeled down by her. "Oh soda," she said defeated. "Where's Sandy?" A tear slid down her face. "Back at the house. She was worried about you" she chuckled. "Sure" she turned away from me. I guided her face gently back to mine. "My best friend can't get hurt without me worrying. I love you Emma. I couldn't live without you. You keep me in control." She weakly smiled and held her bleeding head. "I don't know if you said you love me or you like me. I'm fuzzy but I'm gonna take it as.." I cut her off and kissed her so passionately. The kiss from Sandy was lustful and sloppy. This kiss meant something. ~~~