Into the Snow

Word count: 1,917

A/N Hi guys! I am so excited to write this story. I am still so in love with with the Avatar series, I just had hop on this fan fiction bandwagon and write my own. One of my favorite character is Prince of the Fire Nation himself, Zuko! So of course this is all about him. I love a good character development. Don't worry though, your favorite characters like Katara, Sokka, Toph, Suki, and the Avatar himself are still very much involved, because this is still their adventure in defeating the fire lord! I do not own any of the Avatar characters. I really wanted to create a character that will tell the story of what it's like being in the war and what it's like watching the main characters while not necessarily being a main character.
~Happy reading!
...

~Kimi's dream~

'Hello!'

Ugh, what's going on?

I know I'm on a ship traveling with some chubby old man and his emotional nephew, but something seems different. Everything seems so... misty? Like it's not real, or I'm in a different reality? I don't know, it's just weird.

I open the metal door that belongs to my room and walk out into the hallway.

'Where is everybody? It's completely deserted.'

"Hello? Uncle! Prince Zuko! I'm scared, where are you?"

"Kimi, oh Kimi," I hear a faint voice call out to me from the deck.

I know I shouldn't, I know I should run, but their voice, it's just so... hypnotizing. Almost like it's singing to me. I find myself walking, almost being pulled in its direction. I grab for the doorknob, but I stop myself.

'No, Kimi, no! Someone could be trying to kill you.'

Too late, I can't help myself. I walk out onto the surface of the deck to find a man dressed in a white robe. Not your average white. It's so bright, and pretty. His face is ghostly pale, but his aura is so beautiful. His eyes hold all the colors of the rainbow, and he has a glow that almost hurts to look at, but at the same time, I can't look away.

"Are you going to stare at me, or are you going to say hello?"

'His voice is enchanting.'

You'd probably think I'd be scared that this person, who probably isn't even a person, is calling to me... But I'm not. I feel surprisingly ok. Maybe they're not trying to lure me to my death??

"Oh, sorry," I apologize.

"It's fine, I was only teasing," he says with a grin.

"Who are you? How do you know my name? And where is everyone?"

"Whoa there, slow down," he chuckles. "I am Moirai, the Spirit of Destiny. And I know everyone's name."

'The Spirit of Destiny?'

"I'm sorry, I just-  I'm so confused, and this day has been odd, to say the least. I've never been visited by a spirit before, why have you come to see me? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, of course not. I only came to visit you in your dream because I need to warn you."

"Warn me? What about?" I ask feeling panicked.

"You have a very important task ahead of you. The Fire Prince is lost in more ways than one, and things are going to get very complicated, but I need you to always choose good."