Crushes

Word Count: 730

A/n This is not a filler, it's important!

...

Good news, the pirates are gone!

"Hey, don't look now, but loverboy is looking at you."

It's a beautiful pirate free day, so I decided to join Wang for lunch. I turn from my lunch tray to see who he's talking about. His name is Chain. Not his real name of course. I heard it was a nickname he got from when he was going through a tough time in his life, before he worked for Zuko... I also heard his real name is pretty embarrassing.

"Hey, I told you not to look."

"I'm sorry!" I whisper. "Uh, he's just so hot! And buff- and hot!"

"You said that."

"I know," I whine. "But he's just so..."

"Hot?" Wang finishes for me.

"And buff!"

"Then go talk to him! It's obvious he's into you."

"Psh, yeah right. I'm only 15, he probably sees me as just a little girl."

"You'll be 16 soon, and he's the youngest one here! Come on, have a little more confidence in yourself. You're a cute girl!"

"Can I tell you a secret?" I whisper.

"Of course."

"Well, I've never really.. interacted with a boy before."

"I figured," Wang snorts.

"I'm being serious," I say and hit his arm. "I've never been on a date, I've never kissed anyone, held hands, nothing. When you're fleeing from a war, you don't really have time for boys, ya know?"

"You don't have to be embarrassed, small one. I think it's cute."

"Don't call me cute," I tell him.

"Seriously, you're like my little sister, I wouldn't lie to you. You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. "

"Thanks, Wang," I breath.

"Now... HEY, CHAIN! OVER HERE," he shouts and waves to Chain.

"What are you doing?! I thought you said it was ok," I whisper harshly .

"I did, and it is. BUT, I still think you two would be adorable together. And come on, you have the chance to be a normal teenage girl."

"I'm seriously going to kill yo-"

"Hey, guys," Chain interrupts as he sets his plate down.

"Hey, hey you."

Why am I so awkward?!

"Hey!" He greets me. "So Wang, you called?"

"I did. Actually, Kimi has something to ask you."

"No, I don't!" I deny.

"Well, since I have to do everything around here, would you like to accompany Kimi on a walk? I'm afraid I won't be available. "

I hate you, Wang! I-

"Well, I can't right now, I'm on duty. But how about tonight?"

I love you, Wang!

"Perfect, meet her at the bridge at sundown," I tell him.

"Sounds like a plan, it's a date." He says and nudges my arm before he leaves the cafeteria.

"Oh my goodness, you're a miracle worker. I can't believe you just did that!" I exclaim with a smile.

"What can I say? It's what I do."

"What am I going to do? What am I going to wear? What am I going to talk about?" I go on and on.

"Calm down, Itty Bitty."

"How can you tell me to calm down? My mom should be here for moments like this. She's suppose to be here for my first date, she's suppose to guide me and comfort me. I never thought I'd have to do this on my own."

"You don't. I'm here, and I'll help you."

"Ok, so how do I even start a convo without being so awkward?" I ask.

"Be yourself, if he doesn't like you for you, sucks to be him. Talk about your likes and dislikes. Talk about him, get to know him better."

"What should I wear?" I continue.

"How about those red flowy pants you have with that shirt that ties in the front?"

"I don't know, don't you think it's a bit... showy? "

"Come on, the pants are high waisted. You can't see anything! I wouldn't put you in anything that you'd be uncomfortable in, and I'd never have you looking cheap."

"I guess you're right. Hair up or down?" I ask.

"Up, and how about a flower in your hair?" He suggests.

"Hmmm, I like. When did you become such a fashionista?"

"It's what I do," he shrugs. "Ok, now let's go get you ready for that date."

We stand up and leave the cafeteria and head straight to my room.

...