The Painted Lady: The Beginning

A\N SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ! THIS CHAPTER AND THE NEXT CHAPTER ARE VERY IMPORTANT! KEEP READING, BECAUSE THIS IS NOT THE END!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT! CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE ALMOST AT 300 READS!

...

Coco

I was brave...

And I always went with the flow of things. On the ship, I had friends. I had people who made me feel loved and wanted, I felt like me. Now? I feel broken and betrayed. Since the fall of Ba Sing Se, so many things have been running through my mind, and I constantly think about all the people I had to leave behind:

Uncle, He sacrificed his freedom, not just for Aang, but for me, too. That's why he told me to stay with Sokka and Toph if anything bad happened. He knew... I hope he's ok. It's scary not knowing if he's in a Fire Nation prison, or if Princess Azula actually.. I miss him so much it hurts. Does he know that I'm ok? I don't know if I can go on much longer with this feeling. I'm desperate, I just need him to be ok.

My father and my brother, there's a chance my brother escaped the city, but my father? When we first reconnected, he said the arthritis was getting really bad, which is why he was burdened with a cane. He broke my brother out of jail once, but I don't think that's even a possibility for him anymore. Apart of me hopes my brother and father are together, but another part of me hopes that if my brother has the chance to get out of there, he took that chance. I don't know, am I selfish to feel this way? Ba Sing Se isn't good, nothing about it is good. The people who are suppose to protect it's citizens are the ones who cause them the most harm. It's so twisted, and the evilness that runs the entire city makes me feel sick to my stomach.

My mother, she's alive, but where is she? Why is she hiding, and why did she leave me in the first place? I am so tired of chasing after her! I want her back in my life, but how long have I been chasing her now? Why can't she just come to me? I'm tired, and I want my mom back. I am 16 years old, and I am already so exhausted. This isn't what I'm suppose to be doing. My mom is suppose to protect me, guide me through life and away from war. I never got any of that, because this entire time I've been searching high and low for her, and I am exhausted.

Wang, It's been too long. Wang is a hero. I'll never forget how he went against his own country to get the people of the North Pole to safety. He risked his life to do the right thing. I hope he's still alive. It sucks to live in a world where you meet all of these great people and then they're snatched away from you, and you're left wondering where they are and if they're ok. I don't know if I'll ever see Wang again, and it sucks. It truly sucks.

Zuko, saying his name out puts a bad taste in my mouth. I can't believe I'm even thinking about him. He was my friend, I supported him, uncle supported him, we became fugitives because of him. I confessed my feelings to him, and I thought he felt the same. Lies, everything that came out of his mouth, lies! Moirai was wrong, there is no good in Zuko, and I should've never trusted him.

...

Traveling again, but hey, it beats a ship where I was sea sick a majority of the time. We are in desperate need of supplies, so we stop by a small fishing town in the middle of a lake.. a very dirty lake. It's filled with sludge and it looks and smells disgusting. Sokka is really determined to leave because apparently this stop doesn't fit into his 'master schedule.' He even made up some dumb rule only allowing us two potty breaks! I love the guy, but he's being so overbearing and bossy. I miss the fun, easy going Sokka, but this is the reality of war. It can change people. I guess I get it, I'd do anything to leave the Fire Nation, too.