Little Angel

My eyes fluttered at the sound of Shawn's ringtone as his phone buzzed. I was curled against his side with his face buried into my neck. "Shawn, your phone, is calling, someone is. Turn it off" I slurred barley making any sense. He groaned slightly before reaching over angrily and answering it. I still had my eyes closed as I buried myself more into the covers. "Who the fuck is calling at 5am" he spat into the phone.

"Oh mom, shit- yes.... sorry... we'll be there..253...okay" I heard him say before he cut off the phone and smacking it down on the beside table. His arms wrapped around me tightly before he kissed my cheek.

"What's going on?" I whispered as his hand stroked my side.

"Aaliyah is going into labour" he says nonchalantly and I quickly jump up.

"What! Shawn how could you be sleeping when your sister is going into labour" I say rubbing my eyes.

"I'm sorry for being fucking tired" he snaps before covering his face with the covers.

"Shawn, I'm sorry but I need you to tell me what Karen said. Like do we need to go or?" I whispered quietly while gently rubbing his arm.

"Yeah we have to go" he says as he groans rolling out of bed. I get up sleepily before changing into some sweatpants and a sweater. I left my hair in a messy braid before going to the toilet to relive myself.

Shawn was angrily mumbling profanities and slam the closet shut in frustration before grabbing his keys and phone. He obviously woke up on the wrong side of the bed. This was not going to be if he is in mood like this.
-
Shawn was quiet the whole car ride probably because he was in such a bad mood by being woken up so early this morning.

Once we were out of the car and inside the hospital we were looking for the deliver unit. We walked through the wards and then we were directed by a nurse who took us to the delivery unit.

"I'm here for Aaliyah Mendes" he says and the nurse at the desk nods before she takes us to room 253. He pushes the door open and we see Aaliyah laying on the bed with Karen holding her hand and multiple nurses rushing around. Manny was wiping her forehead which was dripping in sweat.

"She's only seven centimetres dilated!" one of them shout and Aaliyah was struggling in so much pain.

"Oh Shawn" Karen yelled as she waved for us to come over.

"What's going on?" I ask looking at Aaliyah who is sweating.

"She's in labour right now and she's only seven centimetres dilated. We've been here since 2am and its taking forever" Karen says and I place my hand on Aaliyah's cheek.

"I'm so proud of you! You can do this I promise, soon you will have a baby in your arms" I encourage and she just cries.

"I can't do it, I can't" she wails bawling her eyes out making my heart break.

"You can! You are so strong pulling yourself through doing all of this and all by yourself. You are so strong. Stronger than anyone in this room right now to be pushing a baby out" I say and she nods.

"Promise me you will be strong and give it all your best" I say and she nods.

"I'm in so much fucking pain! Someone do something!" She practically screams as she squeezes the pillows beside her.

"I'm sorry only one person can stay in here, you all will have to go out" the nurse says and we all nod. "Good luck I know you can do it!" I shout giving her a smile.

"You can do it Aaliyah" Shawn says before he takes my hand and leads me out of the room.

There were a few chair outside the room which we sat down on. Manny came out a few minutes later before he sat down taking a few deep breaths.