Vulnerable State

A/N: Get your tissues ready! This took me three hours to write because I kept crying. This is the first chapter of 2019!

As soon as I saw Shawn, my heart completely broke in two pieces. His face was completed beaten and bruised. His body looked sore as he was limping with the help of Jason and some officers. I stood with Jay and Manny who both came with me to collect Shawn. Everyone at home was worried sick about Shawn, my parents, his parents and our siblings.

I had never ever been this stressed ever in my whole life. Hearing Shawn saying that he will never see us again sent me into a whole panic mode. I had two anxiety attacks which I haven't had in a long time. I was worried sick about Shawn.

The thought of loosing someone you love is the worst feeling in the world.

As soon as he looked around and our eyes mad contact I screamed "Shawn" before running towards him. I didn't care who was watching or what was happening, I need to be there for him right now. I went and held him so tightly just the thought of never holding him again made me hold on to him tighter.

I let out a sob into his chest and I heard Shawn crying. He was sobbing hysterically into my shoulder and I have only seen Shawn cry twice before but this time the way his cries sounded was full of fear and hurt. He gripped on to me for dear life and he wouldn't let go. "Shawn it's fine, I'm here" I had the courage to say after we sobbed for three minutes holding each other.

It wasn't fine.

And he wasn't fine.

He broke away and looked at me, his eyes were red and swollen. He looked pale and washed out with fear. The sight of him would hurt anyone, he didn't deserve any of this. No one deserves anything like this.

Every time I looked at his face and into his eyes, I wanted to cry but I had to be strong so he would be fine. He was already hurt physically and mentally so I didn't want him to worry at all. I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes before putting on a weak smile.

I looked down at his hands which had deep red-purple coloured bruises around his wrists. Tears forming in my eyes seeing the sight of the strong marked bruises on his wrist but I had to be strong. I had to be strong, I repeated in my mind.

"Right let's go home" I say as Jay and Manny take each of his arms so he could put his full weight on them as they started walking with him to the car. I turned to Jason and the officers, "thank you all so much, if it weren't for you he might have been dead" I cried as Jason pulled me in for a hug.

"Well Miss, you need to thank yourself, you tracked his phone location and sent it to Jason. We are still going to be working on this case. Mr Mendes will be traumatised for a while because it was horrendous they way they had him locked up and how they hurt him, but you need to be the strong on for him" the officer says and I nod wiping my eyes.

"You need to be strong and help him get back to normal. He won't be normal for a while but that is usually what' happens" the officer says and I nod again wiping my eyes.

"You need to be strong for Shawn, I will call you tomorrow on the details for the case filed against Alana but for now just go and be with him because he needs you" Jason says patting me shoulder. I thank them all before making my way back to car.

I opened the back door letting myself into the car and sitting beside Shawn. He just blankly stared out of the window looking so lost and distraught which he must be.

I gently took his hand into mine and the second I touched him, he flinch before looking at me and relaxing. Our fingers laced with each other's and he rested his body on mine.
____