Room Renovations

S H A W N -

The last two weeks have been manic, we had multiple deliveries for baby stuff. The whole living room and hallway was trashed with large boxes everywhere. Serenity was beyond happy receiving parcels everyday, and I was ecstatic about it too but I knew there would be so much to clean up after.

"Shawn!" Serenity yelled my name from the bedroom and I groaned lifting myself off the couch walking to our bedroom where she stood with a piece of paper.

"I drew a plan out of our bedroom, because we have no spare room so he will be moving into our room" she says and I nod looking at the plan.

"So we're going to move our bed into the corner of our room and then on the opposite side we can have the crib. Then next to crib will be the changing table, and the chest of draws folded with all his clothes" she says and I nod.

Oh boy. We're having a full room renovation.

"But don't push the bed right against the wall so we both can get out" she says and I nod.

"We will need some handy helpers don't you think?" I say and she nods.

"I'll get my dad and the guys over to help and you can call Jay" I say and she nods going to grab her phone.

We had Jack, Cameron, Brian, my dad and Jay all over to help build the furniture. They all were sat in the living room sipping on some juice we gave them. Serenity strolled in with her yellow floral baby planner.

"So I have assigned furniture tasks for everyone" she say flicking through the pages on her planner. I couldn't help but smile at how organised she was planning all this, she was at the nesting stage which was getting everything set up and ready.

"Shawn and Jay can build the crib, Manny and Brian can do the changing table. Jack and Cameron are building the chest of drawers" she says and we all nod.

"But before that I want you all the move the bed into the corner and on the opposite wall is where the crib and stuff will go" she instructs and they nod.

"All right lets go guys!" She cheers and they all chuckle before standing up heading off into our room. I stood up and I wrapped my arms around her placing a kiss on her lips. "Just relax we will get all this done don't worry" I assure her placing a kiss on her cheek.

"I love you so much" she says brushing her nose against my chin making me smile.

"And I love you more, I want you to stay in the living room and not move a muscle okay?" I say and she nods with a giggle patting she kisses my lips once more then pats my chest making me go to our room.

I left her in the living room before walking into the room, where they were all pushing the bed into the place where Serenity wanted it. Once we rearranged the room, me and Jay were sat in the floor unboxing the the crib. Pulling all the parts out and getting all the instructions.

"Where's your tool box?" Jay asks and I point towards the other side of the room where Cameron was.

"Shawn!" I hear Serenity's voice shout making me jump up and jog down to the living room where she stood with a black headband.

"Here" she says and I put my head down so she could put it onto my head pushing back all my curls. Her small frail hands cupped my cheek before she placed a kiss on my lips.

"Make me proud" she murmured against my lips before patting my shoulder.

I walked back into the room sitting by Jay as we sat reading through the instructions together. "Let's start with the legs of the crib" he says and I nod.