Shots

"Do we have to do this?" I pouted with watery eyes looking at Shawn.

"Yes we do babe, just relax it will be over soon" he says kissing my cheek.

"I can't do it, can we come back like...never" I say and the nurse chuckles.

"Mrs Mendes we have to do this" she says and I look down at Adrian who was in my arms.

He was getting his shots today. I didn't want to see him go through the pain it's awful to see your child in pain. I wrapped my arms around him refusing to let go but I had to let go. I laid him in my arms and he was just wearing a diaper as they were doing two shots in his thighs.

The nurse had the injection ready, Shawn and another nurse held Adrian's legs down. And I was holding Adrian in my arms. "Ready?" She says as she was about to do it. 

"Wait! I'm not ready!" I gasped and they all sighed.

"Babe we need to do this now, this is the fifth time you have stopped us. There are other child waiting come on" Shawn says patting my leg.

"Okay fine I'm ready" I say pressing a kiss on Adrian's head before squeezing my eyes shut tightly.

After a few seconds Adrian started wailing the whole room echoed with his cries. My heart ached at the sound as tears slipped down my cheeks. I look down at him to see his red face and tears streaming down his cheeks. "Don't cry my baby" I cooed rocking him and holding him closer.

The nurses stood up and filled out some paper which Shawn signed. After a few traumatic moments Adrian calmed down but his eyes were still glossy. "Oh I'm so sorry" I whispered kissing his cheeks.

Shawn changed him while the nurses spoke to me. "His legs are going to be a bit sore and he's not going feel very good for a while but by tomorrow he should be okay hopefully" she says and I nod.

"Do whatever keeps him comforted and just be careful" she says and I nod. "Thank you so much" I say thanking the nurses as they left the room.

Shawn held him and had the bag over his shoulder, and I took a deep breath. "How are you? I think you took it worser then Adrian" Shawn laughs and I slap his arm.

"Stop, But I'm fine. I think next time I'll be better because this was a practice" I say and Shawn shakes his head.

"Next time we will need a nurse holding you down" he says and I shake my head as a laugh escapes both of our lips.
__

We made it home in one piece and Adrian had fell asleep thankfully and was resting in his crib. Shawn was in his office and I was so bored with nothing to do. Dinner was already I just had to warm it up later but now I was laying on the couch staring at the screen which was playing an episode of 'friends'.

The office door opened and I heard Shawn's heavy footsteps before I even could look his body came crashing down on mine. He threw his arms over me and nuzzled his face into my neck.

"Ever heard of persona space?" I asked and he mumbled a 'no'. I giggled before wrapping my legs around his body.

"It's our one-year anniversary next week" I say and he lifts his head up.

"One year? It feels like we've been together forever" he says pressing a kiss to my lips.

"Maybe we should start celebrating now?" He smirks and before I could reply he pressed his lips to mine and his hands slid under my shirt. Before he could do anymore I stopped him and gave him a little shove making him groan.

"Shawnnnn, not now" I mumbled and he sighed before lying back with me. My fingers played with his hair as he relaxed on me. We laid in silence together staring at the tv with my hands in Shawn's hair just cuddling.

Twenty minutes later, Shawn has completely fallen asleep beside me cuddled to my side. Soft snores leaving his mouth and his face all relaxed. He looked so peaceful and he looked a lot like Adrian. I leaned down and placed a few kisses on his nose and his cheeks. 

Adrian's cries could be heard from our room making Shawn jerk up. "I'll get him" I whispered leaving Shawn on the couch asleep. I opened the door and walked over to the crib to pick him out of the crib.

"How was your nap baby? Are you feeling better?" I cooed picking him up carefully being cautious of his sore thighs. Which had puppy band-aids on them.

He had a frown on his face as I carried him out to the living room.

"Hey buddy, how's my little man doing?" Shawn cooed as he slowly took Adrian from me. Shawn laid him down on his legs and looked down at Adrian.

"You were braver then mommy was today" he said placing a few kisses on Adrian. I sat down beside Shawn stroking Adrian's cheek. "He looks so mad at us" Shawn laughed looking at Adrian's little frowned face with his eyebrows furrowed.

He looked so cute with an angry face.

"His angry face looks like yours and because he's got your eyes, he resembles you more when you're mad" Shawn says I giggle.

"Give a smile buddy" Shawn says blowing raspberries on his stomach but Adrain was not in the mood for it. He started crying and his tiny hands fisted.

"He looks like he wants to hit me" Shawn laughs.

Adrian was upset and not well the whole night he would feed, poop and then fuss. I felt terrible not being able to do anything but comfort him by letting him feed.

Shawn and I took turns in carrying him trying to soothe him by putting some cartoons on the tv but that didn't distract him. Even playing with him didn't make him happy.

He work up every twenty minutes not being able to sleep in his crib so I brought him into our bed. I laid in between Shawn and Adrian, as Adrian was on my side feeding. His small hand scratching the skin on my chest. He kept unlatching and latching as he was finding it hard to eat.

Once he stopped feeding I laid him on my chest with my hand stroking his back trying to help him sleep. Shawn turned the lamp on and then turned to his side looking at Adrian.

"He seems better" Shawn says and I look down at Adrian seeing him just looking at Shawn blankly. I place a light kiss on the top of his head.

"Tonight was hard, I hope he gets better soon I don't like seeing him sad" I whisper and Shawn nods.

"He has a cute mad face though" Shawn says and I chuckle quietly.

"He's falling asleep" Shawn says and I look down to see his beautiful green eyes getting slowly covered by his lids. I placed another kiss on his head and Shawn moved closer to give him a kiss.

"I feel like he's going to be in our bed a lot more" Shawn whispered pressing a kiss on Adrian's head. A very small smile curled on Adrian's lips.

"He just smiled! That means he is going to be in our bed a lot more, he's a little monkey" Shawn laughed and I giggled.

I held him closer watching his mouth open slightly with tiny snores coming out, indicating he fell asleep...