Dinner for Four

My eyes fluttered open and I still was in the same position as I was before, curled right next to Shawn. I yawned loudly making Shawn look down at me before I rubbed my eyes and sat up. A brown blanket was draped over us and on the other couch was Aaliyah and Lea curled together.

"How was your nap?" Aaliyah asks and I blink a few times waking myself up.

"It was good. What time is it now?" I ask and Shawn checks his phone.

"Almost 7pm, you've been sleeping for like three hours" he says and I nod before laying back next to him.

"Where are Mom and Dad?" Shawn asks Aaliyah.

"They're gone to some friends house out of town but they should be back soon" she says and we nod.

"Well since they're gone out I think I should cook up some dinner. What'd you both want?" I ask and Aaliyah takes a few minutes to think.

"Please make that chicken your mom makes, I'm pretty sure we have all the stuff because mom was trying to make it" Aaliyah says and I giggle before getting up.

I make my way to the kitchen looking through all of the cabinets finding all the spices. I left the bowl of salad to the side before washing my hands and making my way back to the living room.

"The chicken is cooking now, I'm so tired just cooking" I complain before taking my seat next to Shawn again.

Aaliyah stood up passing Lea into my arms who was also awake. Her eyes were wide looking around as her tiny hand grasped on to my finger.

"Hi cutie, aren't you just so cute? Yes you are" I coo at her and Shawn just stares at me.

"What?" I says and he laughs.

"Nothing, I just like baby talk voice you make. It's cute" he says and I smile shaking my head.

"I can't wait for our little one, like ugh how long will this one take?" He groans and I laugh.

"Four months Shawn, just four more months" I say and he rolls his eyes.

"I can't wait that long" he says as he rests his head on my should as we both look down at Lea.

"Do you think I want to wait? I'm the one who looks like I've got a watermelon stuffed up my shirt" I say and he laughs.

"Right I shouldn't be complaining" he chuckles and I nod.

"But we can have practice with Lea for the next four months" I say and he shrugs.

"I can't wait to find out the gender tomorrow" he beams and I look up into his bright eyes making my heart flutter.

"Me too" I say lifting my head and pouting my lips for him to kiss me but he shakes his head.

"There's a baby right in front of us" he says and I roll my eyes.

"Shawn I'm asking for a kiss and she won't even understand" I say and he shakes his head leaning back into the couch.

My jaw drops at his refusal as he rests his head in his palms with his biceps flexed.

"Shawn, give me a kiss please" I whine and he shakes his head. I huff and turn my attention back to Lea and the tv. Shawn placed his hand on my shoulder and I shrugged it off before I heard the oven beep go off. I stood up placing Lea in the bassinet before walking to the kitchen.