Stretch Marks

I stood in front the mirror looking at my bump which was growing day by day which was something so beautiful to witness but at the same time stretch marks were also increasing and that was not beautiful for me.

I frowned and I sighed deeply before pumping some lotion on to my palms. It was lotion to help get rid of stretch marks. I started rubbing it all over my stomach and then I heard the bedroom door open and Shawn walked in wearing his full suit for a very important business meeting. He frowned and walked over to me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

"Baby how many times am I going to tell you this? You are so beautiful and these stretch marks do not make you ugly, they are a mark of our baby boy who is growing inside of you. It's something special to remember this pregnancy" he says placing a kiss on my cheek and neck. I feel tears streaming down my cheeks from his sweet words.

"Are you crying?" He asks as he hears me sniffle and I nod letting out another sniffle.

"It's not my fault, your words were so nice and just being pregnant is so emotionally draining" I cry and he chuckles before moving in front of me.

"It's not just the pregnancy, you're always emotional" he jokes and I smile but sniffle at the same time. He caresses my face in his hands and makes me look up into to his before he smiles and wipes my eyes. He leans down to place multiple kisses on my lips making me smile widely. He pulls away before sighing.

"I hate doing this but I have to leave for work now but I'll be home as soon as I can. Aaliyah will take you shopping today? I told her to watch out for you and also to take you to get your cheesy fries that you were craving. Just relax and my card is in your purse so buy whatever you need and I'm sorry I couldn't take you shopping personally myself but I love you" he says placing one more kiss on my lips.

"I love you more, and this is just going make me cry again. Great" I say blinking so my tears don't fall out and he laughs placing one more kiss on my lips.

"But do not by any baby clothes because I want to be with you when we buy the first few outfits" he says and I nod. He kisses my forehead before grabbing his keys and leaving.

Aaliyah recently passed her driving and got her license and was now driving. She also had a lot to do at home since Karen and Manny still hadn't recovered from the accident. She was going to be here soon and yet I still was standing in front of the mirror winning arguments in my head.

I walked to the closest pulling up some leggings which were so difficult because my thighs were huge and it was so tight pulling it up my legs. Then I put on an oversized sweater but it fit perfectly because of my bump. The weather was getting warmer but I literally had nothing that fit me so this was my only option.

I struggled putting my shoes on because the bump was in the way and it was not easy having it in the want while doing things. I walked to the kitchen before pouring myself a glass of water and drinking it down quickly. I grabbed my purse and phone which buzzed with a message from Aaliyah notifying me she was here.

I took the elevator down to the front of our building and saw Aaliyah's little blue car parked right out front. I waved before getting into her car, "Hey Aaliyah" I say as I buckle myself into the car.

"Ready for a fun day of shopping?" She asks and I nod with a grin.

"Honestly I'm so excited for new clothes because I need it and I haven't been shopping in so long" I say and I glance at the back to see Lea's car seat empty.

"I left Lea with mom and dad so we could have a peaceful shopping day" she laughs and I nod.

"Now time for the mall!" She yells excitedly before turning up the volume on the radio.
——