Launch Party

My eyes opened to the plain white ceiling above me, I yawned loudly and turned my head to see Shawn fast asleep. The launch party was today for Shawn's new business launch and I'm looking forward to it because he has worked incredibly hard as well as taking care of me, he's been so amazing. I was also excited to see Jessica because she had been so nice to text me and keep check on me, she was a very great girl and Shawn said she was an excellent worker, so therefore he gave a permanent position. She was genuinely nice and not just nice to me for a higher position of work.

I decided to let Shawn sleep because he was up till late last night. I moved my dozen pillows and slipped out of the bed slowly and made my way quietly to the kitchen. I had to be as quiet as possible because Shawn had went to sleep around 4am and I remember because that was the eighth time I went for a pee. So he needed as much rest as he could get.

What do I want to eat? Hmmm...

Pickles. Pickles. Pickles

Guess I'm going with pickles which has been a recent craving of mine. I opened the cabinet to see a fresh jar of pickles and I think this is my second jar this moth already. My craving for sour things had increased ridiculously, this kid is going to come out loving warheads. I pulled the pickle jar out and realised that Shawn opens it every time because it's too tight for me to open.

I flexed my hands and took a deep breath before using all my strength to open the lid but it was tough. A grumbling noise left my throat quietly as I tried my best open the lid. My hands were about to fall off. I took the jar and place it under the fauce, letting the water hit. Maybe the water will help loosen the lid. I turned the water off and tried to twist the lid again and it slipped out of my grip smashing straight onto the tiles of the kitchen smashing everywhere making the loudest sound ever.

Well there goes being quiet.

I looked at the floor which was covered in glass shards and pickles. That was one way to get pickles out of the jar, I guess.

It hasn't even been ten seconds before I heard thundering footsteps pacing towards the kitchen.

"What the fuck- Serenity, you scared me! Are you okay? What happened here?!" He exclaims scanning the floor.

"Well, funny story umm I tried to open the jar of pickles but I couldn't so I thought maybe putting it under water would loosens the lid. Obviously that wasn't the smartest idea. I'm sorry" I let out a nervous chuckle.

"Why didn't you just wake me up?" He asks with a sigh.

"Because you went to sleep last night and I felt bad so I let you sleep in and I know you need it. I would have waited for you to wake up but it's not my fault, blame your son. It was like a demand and now I cant even eat those because they're on the floor" I ramble and Shawn shakes his head with a small smile playing on his lips.

"You are so clumsy do you know that? And babe how many times have I told, if you need anything at all just tell me. I don't want you moving at all look you're almost seven months so I need you just to rest and relax" he says and I nod.

"Stay there don't move while I clean up around you" he commands and I nod.

He cleaned the whole floor as I watched him and then he mopped the floor down so the pickle doesn't leave a stain or horrid smell then he washed his hands and leaned back against the counter. I took myself over to him and curled into his side.

"I don't know  what I'm going to do with both of you" he chuckles.

He placed his hand on my bump stroking it slowly and I giggled. "He's going to be a little trouble maker isn't he?" Shawn says and I nod with a huge grin.