Gender

"Babe it won't go up, and if I force it up it's going to break" Shawn says while he was trying to zip up my dress.
"Shawn, ugh nothing fits me anymore! I swear that this dress was from the maternity section" I whine and he sighs.

"I know but can't you wear one of my shirts instead, I'm sure it will fit" he says and I shake my head crossing my arms.

"Your shirts don't even fit me anymore, I'm literally huge" I complain and he bites his lip looking around the room which had clothes sprawled everywhere.

"How about this shirt that fits because you wore it yesterday. I promise after the hospital I will take you shopping for some clothes okay? Please wear this for now, baby" he says kissing my cheek and I sigh before taking the shirt out of his hands.

Once I changed into my outfit which was black leggings and a shirt, Shawn made some breakfast which was just a bowl of lucky charms cereal as I was craving it so much. I ate my bowl of cereal as Shawn was in his office discreetly having his coffee. Because I couldn't stand the smell of coffee anymore he had to drink it in his office. I felt bad but he didn't mind as long as I was fine.

"Shawn I'm finished and ready to go" I yell as I get up to put my shoes on. He shuts his office door and makes his way to put his shoes on. "Did you have a mint?" I ask him and he nods. I grin before standing on my tip toes to kiss his lips even though I could still taste a bit of the coffee I tried to control it.

"Aaliyah called saying that dad is better, he's conscious now. We can seem him after our appointment" he says and I pat his chest.

"I told you everything would be fine" I say and he nods taking my hand and leading us out of our apartment.
___

I was sat on the bed in a hospital room with Shawn sitting in the chair beside me. "Now today it's the tie breaker, whether there's a little girl or boy in there" he says placing a kiss on my bump and I smile.

"We shall see if little berry will favour me or you" I grin looking down at my bump and he shakes his head. He leans up a bit out of his chair to place a kiss on my lips. "I'm happy either way" he says and I agree.

The door opens revealing a nurse with a clipboard in her hand. "So Mrs Mendes, I have all your notes here and you are wanting to see the gender today?" She says looking up and as her eyes meet Shawn her jaw drops slightly. She kept staring at him and I was not liking it. I grabbed Shawn's hand and held it intertwining my fingers with his, and she was still staring at him.

"Yes I do want to to find out the gender" I say politely and she nods.

"You must be daddy? Right?" She says with a obnoxious smile and Shawn chuckles. "I'm daddy alright" he grins cockily sending me a wink and I swat his shoulder.

"Anyway, Mrs Mendes please lay down and pull your shirt up" she says and I nod as I lie back pulling my shirt up all the way revealing my bare bump. She sets up the ultrasound machine before pouring the cold gel on to my stomach.

I hold Shawn's hand tightly and I glance at him and he has a huge smile of joy spread across his face making me smile. As she starts rolling the thing over my stomach, a baby appears on the screen and the sound of a heart beat flows through the room. My eyes instantly starting pouring with tears of happiness. Just looking at the tiny baby on screen made me feel so happy knowing that I was growing this little human inside of me and it was the greatest gift I could ever ask for.

"Congratulations, Mr and Mrs Mendes you both are having a boy!" She beams with a smile. My heart swells and I start bawling my eyes out. I look at Shawn who had tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Oh my God, It's a boy!" I say and he nods with a smile wiping his eyes. He stands up wiping my eyes with the pad of his thumb before he places a kiss on my lips. "It's a boy" he smiles and places a kiss on my forehead before sitting back down.