Back Pains + KIWI

S H A W N -

"Please stop crying, please" I say to Serenity as she was curled up beside me sobbing. She barely got any sleep last night and woke up feeling terrible this morning.

The last few days her body has been in pain and her back was so sore she couldn't lay down on her back at all. I felt so terrible unable to do anything at all for her.

"It hurts Shawn" She sniffles into my shoulder and I try my best to get rid of the pain on her back.

"I know, umm- let me get some oil then I can properly massage it. Okay?" I ask her and she just silently nods.

I stood up to grab some coconut oil from the bathroom cabinet before going back to our room. I wasn't sure what I should and there wasn't anything I could do except give her medicine, food and massages.

I got back onto the bed sitting against the headboard as she sat in between my legs. "After this hopefully you can get some rest" I say and she nods silently wiping her eyes.

She slowly starts pulling her shirt off but winces in the process as she was in so much pain. I helped pull it off and then put it on the side. The upper half of her body was left bare as she hugged the sheets to her chest.

I moved her hair to the side before pouring the coconut oil on to my palms. I rubbed my hands together to heat up my hands before placing them on to her back. My palm massaged her back up and down trying to release the tension and pressure from her back. "Is this helping?" I ask and she just hums quietly as I continue massaging her back.

After massaging her back I handed her shirt back to her. We had a new layout on the bed so Serenity could sleep comfortably.

We had a huge pregnancy pillow which was supposed to help support her body while sleeping. Along with that we had other pillows to make her comfortable. It took a lot of space but we made it work and it's going to be like this only for a few more months.

I stood up off the bed helping her get into a comfortable position. "If you back still really hurts, just lay on your side" I say and she wipes her eyes before looking up at me.

"My sides hurt too" she whimpers holding a pillow to her chest.

"I feel terrible, if I could switch positions with you I would do it on a heart beat" I say brushing my fingers through her hair to help her sleep.

"I loves you" she slurs sleepily with her eyes closed. I sigh before placing a kiss on her cheek.

After she fell into a deep sleep, I made sure she was comfortable and protected by pillows, I creeped out of the room and headed to my office. We couldn't physically go to work because she was unwell and her health is first priority. I sat down at my desk pulling up the laptop to see two emails replies from both of my assistants. I informed them in the morning that I couldn't make it today.

From: Jessica Evans
I've cancelled your meetings today and rearranged them for next week. It's no big deal but could you possible just reply to the SGH company email, they are wanting a response from you personally.

Sorry to hear Mr Mendes, hope Mrs Mendes is feeling better soon. Give her my best wishes!
- Jessica

From: Alana Rodriguez
Jessica has cancelled both important meetings that were necessary for you to attend. However you have other priorities. We've cleared the schedules for today and tomorrow because I'm presuming you aren't going to be here tomorrow.

Hope to see you soon.
-Alana

I groaned in frustration at the amount of work I had to do but tomorrow was Serenity's birthday. She doesn't seem well enough or in the mood to do anything. I could probably invite her family over or something. But our places is too small for both of our families to be here together and I'm pretty sure she would just want to relax.