No. 5: To Pursue Dreams

Mirai Age 7 || Itachi Age 7

________

Several months flew by... the seasons changed from spring to mere summer.

The end of the first year was ending soon. Year two and three would be happening for the rest of the academy students. Turns out Mirai would only be graduating in three years even though Juno had given her the option to skip year two. Even though she isn't a prodigy like a certain Uchiha, she is proud to be moving up the latter slowly and has been improving her techniques. Itachi suddenly had been moved up to being in class 3-A and is graduating with the seniors who are in year three to become a genin. He has decided to graduate and continue on with his training. She felt hopeless that she wasn't offered to graduate in her first year, but instead, she decided to stay with her class for the next two years. And lastly, she would be stuck with the losers in her class.

"Well the final is coming up and you all will have a break! And congratulate your classmate Itachi for graduating early. It must be exciting either way." Juno nodded towards the Uchiha who didn't say anything. Itachi only looked towards Mirai who didn't look his direction. He knew she would be quite affected. She didn't want to be near anyone either, but regardless she stayed put.

"Umm, congratulations Itachi-san. I hope your future is bright now that you're a step ahead." Mirai decided to give her wishes as this took the Uchiha by surprise. Bright? He liked her words and how careful she was to say things. He smiled faintly when she wasn't looking.

"Arigato..." he peered down at her and noticed how hurt she was and felt like beating herself up over it.

And just before he could give her some advice she disappeared soon after. She was fast indeed, probably in need of some time alone.

__________

Mirai prepped a few days later for her final and decided to do it early as an option. Most of the class has stopped picking on her knowing that the Uchiha doesn't like it at all.

She ended up finishing the final test which was super easy if you've read the textbooks and studied hard. The test score wouldn't be visible till a few days after. Most students have wondered where Mirai has been, but Juno had disclosed that she finished the exam early and was let off.

Truth was, Mirai wanted to just have a break and finally feel free and not to ever look back at the people here in the village for a while. She doesn't like how Itachi would stop the classmates from picking on her. She wanted to fight her own battles but he thinks that she can't.

Hiashi came by a few times a week and was quite surprised that she hasn't awakened her Byakugan either.

Kasu finally gave birth to a healthy baby girl who was named Hinata. Mirai felt the need to protect and keep the infant out of harm's way. She felt quite happy and at home for once. She loved the child as if she was her big sister and would suddenly spend time with her often when Kasu was running errands.

Lastly, Mirai has seen Tenshi quite a bit lately. She later found where he lives and would sometimes go to his place to have dinner or train a lot. Her techniques grew tremendously as well with throwing and bending to a far extent. She wouldn't waver her emotions or physical strategies while sparring against him. Tenshi has very amazing abilities and has been trying to help Mirai awaken her Byakugan but seemly it won't awaken. Is she still a tad bit too young? Intense training usually always awakens it. He even told her the uses of the Byakugan. She has it indeed, but why won't it awaken?

Age wouldn't matter either way. Mirai silently went outside to feel the sun pierce her skin as she went out to find Tenshi. She liked the boy as a great close friend to look up to. He was like an older brother to her and she liked how he helped her improve with so much.