No. 42: Family?

The explosions were getting louder, Itachi looked back and saw Tenzo following him along with Fūma, and Zamia. He was growing irritated by their lack of will, he had no choice but to stop and comfort them.

He would need to capture them in a genjutsu if they so desire to live. Itachi clenched his fists tightly and had his back to the ANBU tailing him.

"You are forbidden to venture further under the Hokage's orders. You are to obey the command of the Yondaime." Fūma sneered with a voice coaxing of entitlement. Itachi glanced back to see their penetrating gazes except for Tenzo; he looks odd and out of place.

"Do you think you can stop me?" Itachi lowered his gaze darkly. Even the ANBU wouldn't dare pick a fight with him. They all gave him the nickname 'Itachi of the Sharingan' for no reason. He was wickedly dangerous just by a single look.

To none of their knowledge, he already placed a genjutsu on them without knowing. He didn't want delays and therefore, will defeat them single-handedly using his prowess.

They had attempted to attack him with kunai and their katanas, but failed due to the effects of his Sharingan. The only one who never attacked was Tenzo who stood back alone watching. 'Shouldn't he be affected?' Itachi couldn't figure it out in a second and jumped back.

"What the—"

Zamia and Fūma tried to use a summoning chain jutsu attempting to entangle the Uchiha in it. Itachi again activated his genjutsu; shifting the reality around the two causing themselves to entangle in the chains in a combined motion.

"Katon no Jutsu!" Itachi weaved his hand signs slickly sending a massive fireball in their direction. Tenzo stepped off a branch close to Itachi gazing at the sight. Fūma and Zamia screamed from their attempts to escape. However, the genjutsu faded for them and they stood in shock and falling to their knees.

"I am not your enemy, I want to—"

A loud 'bang' abrupt through the distance. Itachi vanished from where he stood to go figure out what was going on, to begin with, and that was when he spotted the large beast known as Nue. Itachi snarled and thought how could a yōkai appear out of nowhere. Of course, it had to of been Tanuki who was so in tuned with experiments.

He finally spotted Mirai being beaten down by the beast immobilizing her to the ground. Itachi was too well in shock to call her name and rush to her aid. Tanuki and Genza were heavily using magnetic fields to corner her and kill her.

Just as he was close to stepping down and stopping the two. Then he noticed after the smoke faded, the beast was sucking her chakra dry depleting her.

"Mirai!"

"MIRAI!"

Itachi rarely ever screams or yell, but his voice was barely audible from all the commotion and felt as if time had stopped together. 'The girl was dead, dead, dead and there isn't anything you could do.'

Just before Itachi could feel the amount of new energy soar through his body awakening his Mangekyō Sharingan. He couldn't primarily focus on anything else other than Mirai's lifeless body strewn on the ground.

His anger completely took over sprinting over to Tanuki in a flash striking him uncontrollably. Activating the power of Amaterasu; black flames were thrown in Tanuki's direction manipulating the genjutsu. He wanted them to burn in agony and therefore, pay for their sins. It wasn't fair, it was never fair for either of them.

And lastly, that was when he was met up with Urashiki the mastermind clansmen of the Ōtsutsuki heritage.

___________