No. 13: The Second Exam [Part 2]

><>~<>~<> [Part 3]

Mirai was lunged forward from the poison trying to catch her breath. She couldn't shake the feeling away. Itachi had hoisted her up onto his back to carry. She was extremely weak, and now Raika is on the loose uncaught. This won't resolve much if she died. Mirai couldn't help but closed her eyes painfully and lean her head against his back.

Itachi blinked once bemusedly and proceeded to move. At least he grabbed the forbidden scroll that was his mission to obtain. And now to leave this place without being killed. Well, Mirai for sure would have died. He could have handled himself no problem.

"God y-you're so reckless... Itachi." The girl can speak at least. Itachi rolled his charcoal orbs. "You're one to talk since I'm the one carrying you." Still sarcastic as usual. Mirai quietly hummed tightening her hold around his neck.

"Why... couldn't you j-just l-leave me t-there to d-die?" Mirai was getting weaker and that is what angered him the most. Itachi wouldn't be able to sleep at night if she died under his watch. He would make it back on time, he had to summon his crows to send a missive immediately.

He stopped near a canopy to summon a single crow while he placed the girl down near a tree. Her calm demeanour, while her body quivered, is what was unsettling to him. She's suffering from the poison. He groaned this was supposed to be a c-rank based mission. But the other two rogue-nin is what he had to worry about the entire time. Mirai isn't a chuunin nor has much combat experience compare to him or others.

He was growing tired as he wrote in the scroll to dispatch a medic squad for them. He had small incisions to tend to. However, Mirai's condition was worsening if she doesn't get treated right away. He was trying to hold back his emotions or else his personal feelings would get in the way.

Once he sent the crow away he went to pick her up to only sense the presence of Raika nearby. 'Damnit!'

"Itachi! I found you. Many of the Hidden Steam shinobi are on my tail. Where is Gyōki? We should go—"

"No. I killed Gyōki, Raika-san. He was a traitor, did you know of his plan?" Itachi cautiously stepped forward in front of the unconscious girl 'protectively' who was leaned up against a tree.

Raika was silent for a minute no less. "Not particularly? He told me he wanted to do something and he split up from me." She was grimacing and her tone was smooth with her slick lies. Itachi wasn't buying it at all and swiftly was so fast he held a kunai to her throat. Still, she did not move, "do you really think I would believe that? This entire mission I only trusted one person, Mirai-san. Why else would I have you two be up front? I wouldn't trust on coming traitors to watch my back." Itachi's voice was laced with venom while Raika broke off in a hideous laugh.

She was sceptical and had jumped back weaving many hand signs. "Fūton; no Dansubarēdo!" she sent a whirlwind towards Itachi who blocked it with his katana sprinting forward at her exceedingly with no stop. He was furious with this typical mission. Did the Hokage know of this?

Especially Mirai who was out cold dying at this second. The medic team better be dispatched by now. They were just hours away from the village.

"Why can't you just die!" Raika was screaming hitting nothing in particular since Itachi had caught her in a horrifying genjutsu. Her vision was blurred to only one person.

"T-Tousan?" Raika stopped her slashing and murmured quietly. A few tears slipped down the side of her cheeks. She was visioning her father moments before Itachi slashed her side with the chance he took. She gurgled mounds of blood from the corners of her mouth. "I-I s-should had s-seen t-that c-c-coming..." she quietly says before dropping to the ground closing her eyes for the last time reminiscing her father that she seen in the genjutsu. Itachi knew that she hated the village for what Orochimaru did to him.