No. 41: Urashiki

Dakūabisu - the Abyss

Mūnkuran - Moon castle

Mūnparesu - Moon dimension

Yuki dimension - Snow dimension

Kaguya no Shiro - Kaguya's palace

Kūsanagi Yomi dimension - Immortal palace

_________

The darkness had engulfed her entirely. Well, not exactly to say that she awaited to be killed. She didn't feel any physical pain, and here she was floating in the abyss of nothingness.

"Why do you want to die so badly? You are gifted, already found love, and you openly proclaim that you're alone." The mysterious voice lingers through the air. Mirai's head turned to see her for the first time. Her eyes glimmered in shock at the sight before her. Remora's auburn hair struck Mirai's attention, she had horns that engraved her skull from the back curving over her head like rabbit features, her brown eyebrows were clipped, she had bright blue eyes with darkened scleras around her pupils. Her hair was up in a royal bun with braids that form around it, and a few pieces of her brown locks fell in front of both sides of her face. Her gown was slim and silky white with symbols engraving the top hem of it.

"Hmm? I haven't seemed to have introduced myself. I'm Ōtsutsuki Remora from the branch family." Her gaze was soft and comforting like a mother's tone greeting their child. Mirai was stunned and frozen in place to even speak. When she spoke of the branch family. This piqued Mirai's attention thinking there's more to this clan than she knows.

"This is... Dākuabisu, am I right? Why do you dwell in such a place?" Mirai was curious, the girl was a mere beautiful goddess herself. Mirai had dreamt of this place many times but never thought much of the dimension being real. Remora looked at her oddly and snapped her fingers once using Amenominaka. The dimension changed with a blink of an eye. Mirai looked around frantically seeing that she was near a frozen waterfall. "This has been passed down from many generations called Amenominaka; only very few were able to use it," Remora muttered sadly in hopes Mirai wouldn't hate her or the clan for their sins and powers that many would die to have.

"Amenominaka?" Mirai looked around and the world changed once again to a blazing hot desert that had sand barely scorching her skin as she stood on it. She covered her arms roughly noticing Remora's amused look before switching worlds once again back to the dark abyss. "You're like kurayami itself..." Mirai mumbled standing up to see the woman faintly smile.

"What you saw was something not many clansmen can do. Kaguya who was someone close to me was able to switch worlds in a second using her third eye. I can do so using my Jōgan eye by seeing through the dimensions and captivated them with my eyes." Remora was an impure god that must have been lonely being here.

"So are you going to harm me here?" Mirai suddenly questioned and closed her eyes still feeling frightened. Remora chuckled with a sleeve covering her face.

"Of course not. After all, you're my niece that was left abandoned by my brother Yoshiki of the branch family and his wife Hanako of the main family. Even our differences lie elsewhere, he sent you off to live with the humans and not let you stay with our clan. Your father cared, my own brother loved you dearly even after Hanako's death. You were light to his sorrows and he died fighting an illness Hamura failed to defeat also." Remora couldn't falter the look Mirai was expressing.

"Oba?" Mirai felt tears sting the corners of her eyes. She gazed up to the woman in sadness and ran into her embrace comfortably wrapping her arms around her shoulders. Mirai was briefly five feet and six inches while Remora was over six feet tall.