The Life Of a Teenage Girl.

Chapter 41

"Hey Helena." He said.

I looked up at him with a glare.

"Don't Helena me. How dare you!" I shouted at him.

He looked around then looked at me like I was crazy.

"What are you talking about?"

I couldn't believe him. He got Jen pregnant with twins and he has a wife.

I couldn't believe this man was the father of my dead boyfriend Duke. I couldn't believe he would do something like this.

"I trusted you and then you go do this?"

"Helena I don't know what your talking about." He raised his glasses up to his nose.

I rolled my eyes. I didn't want to see him ever again.

"Look I didn't want it to come this way but I can't talk to you again until I feel right." I turned around and ordered the two ice creams.

I didn't even bother to look back at that horrible man.

"Hey what took you so long?" Tyler asked as he grabbed his cone.

"Oh the line was pretty long."

"The line wasn't that long when I was there."

I shrugged. "I think the man didn't have anymore strawberry." I lied.

I was so fed up, I didn't want to talk about Henry.

I wonder if Duke was still alive would I have met Tyler? Maybe. Date him. Possibility no.

Some people say everything happens for a reason.

I don't understand why a person dying is one reason.

Some people say when you die it means that your time is up and god is ready to take you.

I didn't really know what to believe but I believed in some of it. Not all.

Duke wasn't ready to go. He had lots of friends, he was the leader of the football team, and he had me.

We were happily in love at the time but he got stolen from me. From my bloody hands.

I blocked out the thought as I licked my ice cream as we saw Cody jump around everywhere.

I laid my head on Tyler's shoulder as I licked on my ice cream cone.

"Hey, aren't you going to see your mom today?" He asked me.

I shrugged. "I should. Maybe I will." She was my mother and I had to see her today.

"How's your mother and your family?" I asked him.

"There all the same. Mom still working hard." I nodded.

"Can I ask you something?" I looked up at him.

"You already did but go on." I rolled my eyes at his smirking.

"If we are dying to live, why are we living to die?" I asked him.

He didn't say anything.

"I don't know Helena. But I can tell you something-" he paused as he licked his lips.

"-When you are growing up you get to see things you maybe won't see in later life. We get to live to see our families and our lovers."

I sighed. He was right.

"But my mom is sick and I don't want to see her in that condition." I said.

He frowned. "No one does."