19

The Hospital Wing is empty, except for a bed in the back. Amelia wakes up with a groan as she feels the ache of her ribs as she sits up. She looks down at her lap and smiles at the sleeping Frida. Amelia wonders how she got there, she only remembers throwing up after Dumbledore asked her a question. Her ears perk up at the sound of some footsteps heading her way.

"Come back tomorrow, she has to rest." A woman voice says quickly. 

"Madam Pomfrey, we have to discuss with Miss Richardson about what happened this evening. We will be quick." A man says making Amelia look at the window. She wakes up Frida and gives her a kiss on the snout. 

"Vigila. (Guard)." She whispers in her ear. Frida hops off and walks next to the curtain that block her view. She pulls off her covers and stands up. Amelia looks down at her bandaged up chest with a frown. She looks at the clothes on the chair next to her and starts changing her clothes. Suddenly Frida growls. 

"I suggest you stop walking, mister. She will attack if you approach me before I call her." Amelia says as she pulls up her pants. 

"Miss Richardson, we have some questions about the events that occurred this evening." The man says as he sits next to the curtain.
"Yes, I heard you." She groans as she pulls her shirt over her head. 

"Are you okay, Miss Richardson?" The man says worryingly. Amelia buttons up her old flannel. 

"Yep. Frida, ven (come). You can come over now." Amelia says as she begins putting her shoes on. Suddenly the man emerges from the curtain and stares down at the small girl with confusion. Doubt begins to cloud his mind, but he knows better than to judge a book by its cover. 

"Can you please tell me what authorities do you work for? I do not believe I have seen you before. And by how you are looking at me, I can see that you are some type of detective." Amelia points out as she finishes tying her shoes and stands up slowly. She winces at the movement, but stands in the pressence of authority. 

"You can ask. I am a auror from the Ministry of Magic." Amelia raises a eyebrow at him. He chuckles at her before explaining.

"We protect the wizarding world from Dark wizards." Amelia nods at his words before making the bed and heading out. She starts to leave, but is stopped by Madam Pomfrey. 

"Young lady, what are you doing up? Get back into that bed." She starts ushering her back. 

"Madam Pomfrey, I am fine. I just need to talk to this man in Dumbledore's presence. I am still a minor, I need my caretaker to be present while I am being interrogated." Amelia explains to the nurse. 

"I am not interrogating you. I am just want to know what happened." The man says as he stands behind her. Amelia turns around and scoffs at him. 

"Yeah right, and I am not a witch." She says sarcastically. She goes to argue with Madam Pomfrey, but a voice cuts her off. 

"Get back into bed, Miss Richardson, before you give Madam Pomfrey a heart attack." She looks at Severus before turning around and heading back. She puts aside the curtain wall and sit down on the bed. 

"I do not appreciate you bombarding my students with your silly questions, Shacklebolt." Severus says as they stand in front of Amelia. 

"Sir, I don't mind it. He is just doing his job and I respect him for that. Now hit me with your questions." Amelia says as she unties her shoes. 

"Okay, thank you. It would be easier for us to resolve this if you let us see your memories." Amelia takes off her shoes and sets them aside. She puts the divider back in place, blocking their view. She starts to undress and change.