11

It has been a few day since classes has started and Umbridge has already irritated Amelia. She walks with purpose through the Halls. She can hear the click of the Toad's heels through the halls. She has been patient with her snide remarks about her appearance, but this has crossed the line. Amelia can see the pink blob at the distance, her mouth pulls back into a snarl, her fists clench. Anger bubbles up inside her, the temperature of her body raises as she let the red hot anger take over. Suddenly her vision goes black and she takes a step back. 

"Severus move." Amelia says with a clenched jaw. He grabs her shoulder and starts motioning her to the opposite direction. 

"Hell no. I am giving that toad a piece of my mind. She has it coming." Amelia says as she swiftly moves away from him and continues her path. 

"How dare you!" Amelia says loudly, capturing everyone's attention. She doesn't care. She reels in the anger. 

"I beg your pardon?" Umbridge says with a fake smile. Amelia cracks her neck as she feels the tension in her body rise up. 

Go on, give the woman a light tap on the nose. It would be like tying your shoes. Amelia ignores her conscious and continues her rant. 

"You dare tell lies about me to the students?" Amelia feels like a bull ready to attack. People from the Great Hall start looking in the confrontation. 

"Lies? I think you are mistaken. I have only told the truth. The students deserve to know who their professor is." That smile on her face ticks off Amelia. 

"I don't care what you say about me, but insinuating that I will hurt my students passes the line, Dolores." Amelia says her name with venom. 

"Well, you aren't exactly giving yourself credibility at the moment, aren't we now Amelia?" Amelia takes a step towards her. 

"I take my job quite seriously, Dolores. I won't have some desk jockey telling me how to do my job. Don't push me, Dolores, you do not want to test if some of the rumors are true. " Amelia says warningly. The look in her eyes was enough to make Dolores take a step back in fear. Amelia turns around and walks away. She passes by Severus, but hastly walks away. The look in her eyes... Severus understands why Dolores took a step back; her dull eyes were replaced with bloodlust ones. 

It brought back memories of his brief encounter with her uncle. 

~~~~~~~~

Amelia has locked herself in her office since the incident. She is disappointed in herself for acting with such inmaturity. She doesn't know why she is getting angered with such ease. She looks at Frida and viceversa. 

"It is you... Our minds are too connected. You bitch." Frida growls at her. Amelia apologizes and stands up. Since she came back, she has used Frida's mind too much, hence the connection becoming even stronger. She cuts the connection by putting up walls in her mind. 

"We gotta give class to the 4 years. Come on Frida." Amelia whistles making Frida stand up and walk towards her. Amelia opens the door and it is shocked by the scene. All the students are standing up while applauding to her. Amelia looks at them with confusion. 

"Thank you for stepping up to that woman." A student says as they start to sit down. Amelia shakes her head in disagreement. 

"No, do not praise my actions. I was very disrespectful and I stooped down to her level... Let's start the class." Amelia says as she starts writing some stuff on the board. 

~~~~~~~~

The slam of her office door makes Amelia look up with a frown. She looks at Severus from her desk, wondering why the sudden outburst. 

"Are you daft?" Amelia sighs at his words and closes her notebook. She puts it aside and leans back on her chair. 

"I do not appreciate being insulted, Severus." Amelia says warningly. Severus walks up to her desk and puts both hands on it. 

"I am just stating a fact, after your outburst today, Should have had stayed quiet." Amelia mirrors his actions and leans in. 

"I know that my actions today were a mistake. I admit I was inmature, but do not tell me I should have acted like I did during my last year here. I am not that girl anymore, I am a woman that stands up to myself." Amelia says not backing out. His eyes look the same as when they first met, but they look tired. Her eyes soften at the thought of his job and sighs while taking a step back. 

"Sit down." Amelia says suddenly as she makes her way around the desk. Severus looks at her in confusion and stands up straight. 

"What?" Amelia rolls her eyes, grabs his shoulder and harshly pushes him down to the seat. Severus goes to complain, but Amelia starts massaging his shoulders. 

"Shut up. Let me do this... The job is killing you." Amelia says softly. Severus can't deny the exhaustion he feels for doing both Albus' orders and Voldemort's, always being vigilant and careful is draining. 

"You don't have to be like that in front of me, Severus. You can let go." Amelia says softly and in a understanding tone. Severus leans back towards her touch and closes his eyes. He inhales and exhales deeply. 

"I missed you." Severus says. His words make Amelia halt her movements for a second. She smiles to herself.

"I missed you too." Amelia couldn't picture a more perfect scenario. The fire from the fireplace gives an orange glow to the office, Severus relaxed in a seat while Amelia stands behind him smiling, both of them at peace in a disturbed world. The two of them in their own world, escaping their own dark realities.