Chapter 2: Time for a break

Story's Date : April 20, 2019 , Saturday

Tsurugi's POV :

"...Tsurugi ?" He said.

I looked up at him with a glare, which seemed to startle him a bit. But, after that short pause, he sat down beside me and looked at me concered.

"Tsk. The heck do you want ?" I asked annoyed, trying to hide my emotion. He clearly wasn't having any of it and told me sternly.

"Look, Kyousuke. I know when someone's sad. And you clearly are, so there's no point in hiding it."

I just looked away. I didn't want to deal with this mess. 'Why do you have to care ?' I thought to myself. He grabbed my face and turned it to his direction.

I was shocked, of course; But with the strength that I have, I pushed him off and stood up.

I looked at him and he looked back; I can tell either of us ain't gonna quit this, so I scoffed and walked away. Leaving him behind...

Narrator's POV :

Tsurugi scoffed at the brunette, thinking about him being so nosy. He walked away from him, clearly not wanting to be in such an intense staring contest with the younger male.

But as 'nosy' as Tenma can be, he stopped him. Tsurugi looked back at him, glaring daggers as if he was ready to kill.

"Tsurugi, I know something's wrong...I just want to help you. Please let me." Tenma pleaded. It was obvious Tenma wanted to help badly, as he was an advice giver to those who have problems.

He wasn't going to stop until Tsurugi gives in and let him help. He knew that for sure.

"Kid, listen. You can't help !!!" Tsurugi yelled, his voice echoing throughout the whole room. The brunette boy was shocked at his response, but he didn't give up.

"Bottling your feeling won't help you solve your problems, Tsurugi !!!"

"Why do you care of what I do !? Get your own life !!!"

"I won't until you tell me what's wrong !!! I just want to help you !!!"

"I SAID YOU CAN'T HELP !!!"

With that, Tsurugi balled his fists and punched Tenma in the face.

"-unstable breathing-" was all Tenma could get out. He didn't know the older male could hit that hard, or hit at all.

Meanwhile, Tsurugi's eyes widened with fear as he put his hand into his mouth. 'What have I done !?' He thought to himself.

So without hesitation, he helped the younger boy up and apologized for his actions. He was guilty for hitting him like that and he surely doesn't want to hit another person again.

For Tenma, his breathing still wasn't calm and his eyes are constricted. He was a bit terrified about Tsurugi's actions.

He hesitated to look at him and just stared at the floor. After a few minutes, he finally spoke.

"I-I-I...u-umm, I-I'm s-sorry f-f-for b-bothe-ering y-you...Ts-Ts-Tsur-rugi..." (I...umm, I'm sorry for bothering you...Tsurugi...)

"N-no !!! I should be the one apologizing to you, why are you sorry ?" He asked, worried.

Tenma just stood there, staring everywhere except at Tsurugi. He felt as though he was having an anxiety attack, and by now he just thought about hyperventiliating to death.

"-sigh-...Look, sorry about that punch. Ummm...do you wanna get some drinks to make it up to you ? My treat." Tsurugi offered. He hoped the brunette would say 'yes', he wanted to make up for what he did, he really did.