Chapter 55 : You Can't

Story's Date : July 3, 2019; Wednesday

Narrator's POV :

It was Wednesday and Hayami and Hamano decided to have a walk before they go home. The weather was nice and everything was serene, so of course a walk at the park was a perfect match for it. They sat on the swings in the playground right after buying some snacks from a nearby vending machine. Truth was, Hamano wanted to talk to his lover but he never had the chance because Inika was on the attack again. She started being a third wheel since Monday and the redhead was slowly getting livid. "The quiz earlier was so hard ! I don't even think we learned that at all. No fair." The redhead pouted. Hamano just chuckled and agreed with him. After all, the cursed Math pop quiz was the reason why he had a headache for the rest of the day. Just thinking about it makes them both wanna cry all over again. "Don't forget another group project in Arts. Seriously, Sensei is killing me !" The raven-haired boy exclaimed before laughing with the younger boy again. "Did you do your English homework from yesterday ? We have to pass it early tomorrow."

". . . .I finished half of it."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"You procrastinating dork." (A/N : I'm looking at you readers.)

As they talked about their lessons and soccer, Hamano grew quiet for a minute. This of course sends panic through the younger boy who quickly asked if there was something wrong. "N-No need to worry, I just wanna...wanna...uh..." The male had no idea how to tell the other what he had been planning. It was like his vocabulary was cut short to basic. Needless to say; he was utterly helpless. "W-What I mean is..." He still can't do it. "Y-You know..." His brain was feeling stupid. "I..." He looked at everywhere but his lover, even if the redheaded midfielder was looking at him quite confused.

"I...I wanna..." He stuttered. Hayami patiently waited for his reply, even if his heart started racing. Oh boy, what is he gonna do ? Sweat was forming on his brow; well, his entire face. "Hamano ? Are you okay ?" By now Hayami was also having a panic attack. He thought it was something serious.

It was actually, but not the one he'd expected.

"I wanna...

Meet your parents."

Hayami's eyes grew wide as the sentence rang inside his head, clouding all his thoughts. Meet your parents...Meet your parents...Meet your parents...' The boy couldn't think straight and was in a daze, but eventually he snapped back to reality and began screaming. "ARE YOU CRAZY ?! NO !!!"

"W-Why ? Is it a bad thing ?"

"YES AND YOU KNOW IT ! YOU KNOW HOW MY DAD IS, RIGHT ?! YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH IF YOU WANNA EVEN LOOK AT HIM !!! YOU'RE CRAZY, TAKE IT BACK !" He was a yelling psycho to the few people watching them, but to Hayami, he was a warning sign. He couldn't let the only other person who loved him dearly to be hurt by that man. He just couldn't. "...Wow...Uh, I'm sorry..." Hamano felt uneasy with the growing tension. He didn't want it to be like this and he knew what meeting his parents meant, so why did he do it ? He had no clue. He was simply foolish. Just foolish.

When the redhead calmed down he apologized and bowed his head but then turned on his heels and ran away, leaving Hamano alone at the swing set. "He left...Just like that." The dark-haired boy looked down on the ground, feeling blue. If only he hadn't been stupid for asking.

"Oh, Hamano-kun !" Wait...he knew that voice. Slowly, he looked up to find the witch herself standing before him. "Inika." He said bluntly, still looking sad. The girl sat on the other swing and turned to her childhood friend. "Why so blue ? Did something bad happen ?" She asked. "It's none of your business, Inika. Leave me alone." The second year made an annoyed but disappointed face, but she didn't stop there. "You know, you can always tell me your problems. Just like the time when we were kids. Remember when-"

"For heaven's sake, Inika ! Stop and leave me alone !" Hamano stood up and ran away from her. Inika sat there with a dark expression on her face. "I will make you mine and you won't be able to do anything about it."

For Hamano, he had whispered something similar; "Even if you make me yours I'm going to make sure you taste all my hate."

⛔⛔⛔⛔⛔⛔⛔⛔⛔⛔⛔⛔

Hayami ran as fast as he could back home. He can't believe what just happened. It was too shocking to be even put to words. Soon enough with all his thinking, he got home safely. He opened the door and took a look inside before coming in and going to his room. When he got there, he threw his things to the side, took off his glasses and hair ties, changed into comfortable clothes, brushed his teeth and laid down. He needed time to think. "Why is everything so hard..." He covered his face with his hands. "Hayami ! Get down here and make dinner ! Your stupid mother's away again !"

His dad again. He groaned a bit in frustration but kept it cool when he made his way into the kitchen where his dad sat on the dining table, impatiently waiting for him. There was no need for words and he immediately got to work. He got out the ingredients from the fridge to make some tuna onigiri and also brought out a beer can. He prepared the meal quietly, not wanting to talk or make some noise. It was his father after all; he was sure the man wanted the same thing. When he finished, he served them all to his dad, but left 3 onigiris for himself. After that, he went back to his room with a plate of his food and a cup of water.

He wouldn't be able to think straight on an empty stomach, he would need to eat. The redhead sighed and ate in his room silently, still thinking about today's troubles. He knew that things will be awkward between them tomorrow so he wished time would freeze for a little while. Unless he had something to do about it, he won't be able to talk to Hamano properly. "If only..."

😣😣😣😣😣😣😣😣😣😣😣😣
There ! A HamaHaya update since they need screentime together. If you think this was a KyouTen chapter then sorry •́  ‿ ,•̀ It'll come soon. I hope you like this chapter, BYEEE !!!
😯😯😯😯😯😯😯😯😯😯😯😯
WORD COUNT : 1130 WORDS