Chapter 52.5 : Flame

Story's Date : June 25, 2019; Tuesday

Masaki's POV :

The note gave me chills every time I thought about it. The more I think about those words the more I became nervous. Just what is this person have against us ? As I walked through the halls of the Kira Corporation Building, I spotted Ranmaru and Tsurugi talking. "Hey." I waved at them and they smiled. "You look down, what happened ?" Kirino took my hand in hers and looked at me with worry. Kyousuke did too. "Someone threatened my dad." I said, looking at the ground. "What ?" They exclaimed in unison. "Yeah, and I told him I'll investigate the matter. I don't know who would do such a thing though..." Overwhelming and negative thoughts surrounded my head, and I felt like I was part in those suspense mystery movies or something. Definitely something like that. "Well, time to find out." Ranmaru smiled at me and I calmed down. It was nice having such a reassuring girlfriend, I couldn't thank her enough. "Let's go to the research room. The person behind this must be an enemy or something." Tsurugi led us around until we spotted white double doors with a combination lock beside it.

I quickly typed the password and we all went inside. We took our places and began the search, taking note of anything relevant to our problem. "Does this have something to do with rivalry ?" Tsurugi asked us. "Maybe. No one would send us this if they didn't hate at least one of us." I looked at my computer screen and continued searching. If this led to a dangerous case, then I'm not letting it near my family and friends. And not once will I relax until I've finally solved it. "How are you guys doing ?" I turned to look at Ranmaru, who was on my right. She looked serious about it too. "I got nothing yet. None of the things I listed are related to each other." She sighed and leaned back. "Did your father say anything about having enemies ?" She turned to me and I shook my head no. "Then it must be someone who hates one of us." I knew who Tsurugi was referring to, and I can tell he's already starting to get suspicious about him. "Shindou ?" Kirino asked. "Could be." He replied. "Let's dig in for some more, maybe we'll find something."

We were about to go back to our computers, but Ibuki, our newest partner and friend, showed up holding a bag of snacks. "What's up ? You all seem kinda uneasy." He told us, tilting his head to the side. "Someone sent my dad a note. A threatening one." I explained to him. "I have a feeling it was Shindou." Tsurugi told him. He immediately narrowed his eyes and gave it a thought before looking back at us. "It should be." Was all he said. He went to a table and placed the snacks down before proceeding to go back to us to look at what we've searched so far. Ibuki Munemasa, Shindou's former lover. Kirino had convinced him to come work with us to lessen danger risks with Shindou. He was such a big help in only a short time, and it looked like he was having fun too. He even told us about why Shindou suddenly went backstabbing his friends and it wasn't a pretty story. "Did Shindou say anything about Kira Corp ?" I asked, looking up at him.

"A bunch of times. He wanted to get you down." Ibuki said, sighing. I groaned in frustration. "I think this info might help." Ibuki said, cutting off my thoughts. He took his phone out from his jacket, pressed for a bit and handed it to me. As I looked at the photo, it was a slightly blurry picture, like something from an old school phone, and we saw that there was another person with Shindou. It looked like they were discussing something. There was even tea. "Someone is helping him. I keep in contact with one of the maids in Takuto's house and she took this picture. She said this anonymous person, who was in the same age range as Takuto, had agreed to be partners with him, but when I asked for his name, she hung up immediately." It wasn't very clear, but I can make out blue clothes and brown hair that reached his shoulders, but his side hairs remain up in a familiar way I couldn't put my finger on. I couldn't see his face, but from what I could make out he was a bit tanned.

"Before hanging up, the maid stated that the person came from Okinawa. Apparently his father had business ties with Shindou's dad, so he took anonymous with him. Turns out they know each other, she said." When he finished telling us what he knows, I try to think of any person that looked like the boy in the picture. Ranmaru and Kyousuke did too. Tsurugi started saying his features as to help him familiarize the person. "Brown hair, tan skin, wearing the color blue. Can we make this picture clear ?" "Sure." We plugged Ibuki's phone to my computer and we used photo clearing site to help us. When it cleared the picture we realized then that anonymous's eye was actually seen. It was a side picture after all. It was blue. "Okay, brown hair, tan skin, blue clothes and eyes, and from Okinawa." Tsurugi stated again. He started thinking hard like he did earlier and after a moment, he froze. He must have figured it out, how fast. "It couldn't be..." He looked at the picture again with wide eyes. "Who is it, Kyou ? Do you know this person ?" Ranmaru went closer to him and put a hand on his shoulder.