Chapter 49 : Running Errands

Story's Date : June 8, 2019; Saturday

(I'm so sorry I just got addicted to Tenma's family--)

Narrator's POV :

It was Tenma's third day staying at his father's house. Deep down, he really wished he'd stay here forever. Not like he can't, since he could just ask his father to let him permanently stay, but that would mean leaving all his friends behind and he didn't want that us much as he wants to stay away from Kyousuke.

Like yesterday, he woke up to Mitsuko gently shaking him awake, as alarm clocks didn't really exist when you're inside the mansion of Matsukaze. Yawning, he sat up and mentally got himself ready for the day. Even in Saturday, he still had to attend classes and he wanted something else to do today. He didn't want the same old schedule over and over again. "Mitsuko-san, is there anything new I could do today ?" He asked the lady beside him as he rubbed his eyes. "Yes young master. You are going to be running errands with your father today." She announced with a smile. That made Tenma more awake than he is. "No classes ?" He asked again. The woman only chuckled as she helped the boy up. "Yes, young master. No classes."

• • • • •

He was all ready and walking to the dining room with Mitsuko. He had taken a bath, had his hair down again and wore the comfortable clothes that the secretary had picked for him.

 He had taken a bath, had his hair down again and wore the comfortable clothes that the secretary had picked for him

(The shorts reach the middle of Tenma's upper leg

(The shorts reach the middle of Tenma's upper leg. It is the same color as his top but with a gold stripe on the near end.)

Reaching the room for breakfast, he looked as the woman opened the door for him and his gaze immediately fell upon the man in front of him. He was on the other side of the table again, like yesterday. "Tenma, good morning." The man greeted. "Good morning to you too, father." A small smile was painted across his features, even as he sat down on the other end from the man. "Did you sleep well ?" "Yes father. I slept comfortably." They were on speaking terms now, on each other's good side. The talk last night really did help the both of them. They ate in silence for a few minutes until the man spoke up again, looking at his son as he did so. "Today, my partner in business had asked me to come to his mansion to talk about the latest project we are working on. He had also heard of your return and wanted to meet you, so I'm taking you with me today."