Chapter 54 : Childhood friend

Story's Date : June 29, 2019; Saturday

Narrator's POV :

The next day when the young Kira woke up, he felt like throwing up. All the things that had happened to him recently made him sick to his very core. First the betrayal, then the fire, after that since life definitely wasn't satisfied yet, the break up. He felt like he was holding the weight of the entire world on his shoulders and he didn't like it. Grunting, he sat up on his bed and threw the covers to the side. He didn't feel like facing this Saturday. He's had enough of everything. But of course, he has to. The young male stood up and stretched before going to the bathroom to take a bath and clean his bowels. After that, he dried himself and thought of what to wear for the day. He chose a blue T-shirt with a black hoodie on top of it, along with some white sweatpants with black lines on the sides and rubber shoes. The tealnette looked at himself in the mirror to make sure he didn't look too much like a zombie before heading out to the dining room where his parents were at. "Morning, precious." Midorikawa greeted. The greenette went over and kissed his son's forehead before going back to cooking. His dad was sitting on one of the chairs with a newspaper in hand, but he definitely didn't look happy.

"Morning dad." He greeted him. The man looked up from the newspaper he was reading and gave a small smile. "Morning kiddo. Gosh, you look like you came out of a dumpster." He chuckled. "Thanks, you too." The other replied. The two laughed and began a conversation with each other. At least, his family was still there to make him happy. They were all that he had left in this cruel world. They were what kept him sane enough to keep moving forward. He doesn't know what he would do without them. "I talked to Yagami yesterday and she agreed to hire me as an employee in her company. We still have a shot in making things normal again." Hiroto smiled. "That's great !" Midorikawa walked over to them with a plate of eggs and sat down with his family. "I think I'll just join in on Nagumo and Suzuno. I heard they had just created a soccer team in Sun Garden together." The greenette told them. It looks like he wanted to go back to the soccer business. "Yeah, I heard too. Eisei Gakuen, was it ? The private school the Sin Garden kids go to didn't have a soccer club at first, right ?" Masaki began to wonder what kind of team his uncles were going to make together. He wanted to see for himself too. "Can I come ? I wanna see !" He said, curiosity filling his system.

"Alright, but be on your best behavior. Okay ?" His mom said. He nodded in response before all of them ate an finished with their breakfast. Then, it was time to go to the orphanage. They packed some stuff they would be needing before going to the car and driving off. On the way there, Masaki was picturing everything in his head. After all, he hasn't been in Sun Garden for a long time. He'd forgotten what it was like to live there. It was exciting him to meet some childhood friends of his. After a few more minutes of driving and radio music, they arrived at their destination. They got off the car and Masaki looked at everything before him. 'It was just like before.' he thought. "We're here. Holy heavens I miss this place !" Midorikawa immediately ran inside, followed by Hiroto which left the young first-year outside. It was nostalgia to him. He smiled as he remembered all the good times he had in this place.

"Well look who came back. Cazador." A familiar voice was what he heard beside him. He'd know that summer sweet poison voice from anywhere. He looked at his right to find his dear childhood rival and partner in crime, Beta. "You've changed a lot since I last saw you, Alienoid." He mused, looking at the girl he used to have endless fights with. "Ew. What happened to you ? You look as awful as that brat Naomi." She said, rolling her eyes at another girl's name. Naomi was another friend. Beta didn't like her though because she thought she was a doll stealer and up until this point it still looked like she despised her very soul. "I'll tell you what happened. Let's go to the treehouse. Is it still there ?"