Chapter 43 : Someone else

(Special Shout Out to jae_jae_pearl ! Thanks for reading my book ❤️)

Story's Date : June 2, 2020; Sunday

Narrator's POV :

The next day wasn't the best for the couple. Instead of waking up to a well emoji-decorated text of "Good Morning, Sweetheart.", She got nothing. Instead of waking up to a pastel pink "Morning, Mr. Handsome~" All he got was their last conversation and nothing more. They really were ignoring each other were they ? Well, if they were, it sucks. It sucks not having to be able to look forward to seeing your lover at school, as it was changed by the nervousness of being near them at a 10 mile distance. It sucks not being able to wink at each other once your eyes meet, because today they didn't even bat an eye to each other.

Ranmaru looked salty and ready to throw shade on social media, but of course her parents taught her better. Masaki, on the other hand, looked very depressed and guilty. He didn't want this to happen at all. So why was it happening ? The gods up there make no sense. (Japan has many gods so please don't come at me with your religion.) As they walked towards the building, in front of them they saw Shindou Takuto with an...unfamiliar guy. A new student, maybe ? Immediately Ranmaru forgot all about last night and began suspecting the two people in front of her. They surely look like they're close, seeing as Takuto was literally latched on to the taller boy like a koala. The pink-haired female decided to come closer to them, in case they were talking about something, and boy was that the right thing to do right now.

"What do you think we should do now ?"

"I still don't know, but I have a feeling that I wanna take action today."

"Takuto, they're literally surrounded by their group of friends."

"Who cares ? I can take them out in a blink of an eye. No one can possibly stop me."

"Don't talk to me with this kind of attitude. You know how much I hate you being like this."

"......"

"Sorry, Mune."

That was what she heard. There were about a million questions in her head, but that was saved for later as it seems she still has more to find out. She kept following them all the way inside the school. Looking at them even while they were putting on their indoor shoes. It seems to her that the two are best friends or are dating, she isn't sure. What she does know is that Shindou is back at it with another plan. The girl, now filled up with courage, decided to approach them. It wasn't a scary "beware" message or a "stay away from me" sentence. Instead, she said a simple "Good Morning." with a smile. Shocked, Shindou stood there with wide eyes, not believing she was talking to him again. After a couple of seconds, he regained his composure and smiled back "Good Morning." Then they began talking as if nothing in the past ever happened. What a twisted turn of events.

Well, her plan was simple. She knew Shindou for the longest time, and so she knew exactly how to keep him distracted from what he was thinking. And it was talking. Talking about his favorite topics like ice cream, cats, music, all the things he likes. Hell, even gossip keeps him distracted. "I heard the ice cream parlor released a mystery ice cream. They said they didn't know what flavor it is until they taste it." Kirino said. "Really ? But can't they tell from the color ?" Shindou asked. "Nope. The makers put food dye in them, so when you think it's chocolate it's actually mango." Kirino and Shindou talked again like they have never before. As much as this was only a plan, Kirino can't help but miss the days where they'd chatter all day long. This was a good feeling that she missed so much.

Ibuki was behind them, just casually listening to the conversation. Even he didn't have a clue what was actually going on. The male thought that Kirino just wanted someone to talk to again. 'Well, it's fine. It's a friendly chat after all.' The albino thought. Kariya on the other hand, got suspicious and a little bit jealous. 'Why is she talking to him again ?' he asked himself. The girl was hard to understand. Still, he has to watch them in case something happens. The bell rang and they had to part ways. "That's the bell. See you later, Takuto." Ibuki smiled. Kirino noticed the blush on his companion's face and immediately knew the duo were in love. "Yeah, see you Mune." As the older boy walked away to his class, Shindou spoke up "He's a third-year, that's why we only get to meet at lunch." The smile on his face never went away, even when they were already inside the classroom. "So~" Kirino sing sang. "You and that guy, huh ?" She nudged his arm, making the other blush like a tomato. "He-He and I- We-U-uhhh ! Gah !" The musician covered his face in embarrassment. The girl laughed at the reaction as the boy was crying him to stop with a few tears in his eyes like how he always did. 'Yep. He didn't change.'

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

"Riri-Nee, I heard you were talking to Shindou-senpai again." Tsurugi said, sipping his tea. It was around 6:25 PM and the male decided to once again
visit his older cousin. "Yeah. I made a plan to be his friend again. It's a distraction from his plots." She had her eyes closed, stirring her own drink. "Oh. I see. That's brilliant." The yellow-eyed boy smiled. "I know. It benefits in another way too."

"Hmm ? How ?"

"I can get my mind off of Masaki. I have someone else to keep me busy."

"Oh. You still didn't make up ? Just say sorry to one another."

"I'm not saying sorry for what I didn't do. Also, I'm not forgiving him that easily."

"Okay then. Your choice."

Kirino's phone rang the second the silence started. Curious, she looked at the caller ID and saw it was none other than Kira Masaki himself. The girl contemplated on answering it or not, but then decided that she should at least hear out what he wanted to say. "Answering the call, she placed her phone beside her ear and waited for him to say something.

"Hey...Ranmaru...I want to apologize about last night...I was acting very selfish and I didn't think about what you would feel about my actions...I know you won't forgive me easily, but I just want to tell you how sorry I am. I hope you stay safe, I love you."

-- End of call --

Before she had the chance to speak, the call ended. She couldn't see him, but she knew that while he was saying his sorry, a sad smile was plastered on his face. The image made her heart break, but she didn't show it. She knew herself that she wouldn't forgive him so easily, but...He sounded so sincere and broken. She knew his words came straight from his heart. It was impossible to not forgive him. She loved him too, after all. So, the second-year texted him instead.

"I forgive you."

🥀🌹🥀🌹🥀🌹🥀🌹🥀🌹🥀🌹
Another update done ! Shout out to Jae by the way :)

Also, did you know that after the "He sounded so sincere and broken" part I was planning to write that he "slash slash wrist slash" already before making the call ? Yeah, Kira was supposed to be a little suicidal but that's too dark so I didn't go with it. Anyway, I hope you like the update today ! BYEEEE !!!
✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️
WORD COUNT : 1340 WORDS