Chapter 39 : Over you

Story's Date : May 29, 2019; Wednesday

Narrator's POV :

There it was again. The same fight with the same reason. Ever since the incident with the Haunted House, all Sousuke and Yoshihiko had done is fight. They argue almost every single day. It was like in the past when they wouldn't get along, the only difference is that the younger Taki is fighting back. But it was still chaos. The bickering, the shouting, the hate would not stop. Yoda was always there for Yoshihiko though, whilst Sousuke had no one. The older brother had been emotionally vulnerable. He doesn't show it, but his heart is aching for the argument to stop. Yoshihiko has had enough of his brother's attitude when it comes to Yoda. His brother needed to stop this, whether he liked it or not.

"WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE A CHILD ?!"

"A CHILD ?! I'M NOT ACTING LIKE ANYTHING !"

"YOU'RE ALWAYS MEAN TO YODA, HE NEVER GETS A BREAK FROM ALL THE HATE YOU GIVE HIM ! GROW UP !"

"I CAN HATE WHOEVER I WANT !"

"GET THAT HATE SOMEWHERE ELSE ! NO ONE NEEDS IT HERE. IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO STOP I WILL MOVE OUT OF HERE !"

". . . . ."

There was silence. Sousuke couldn't believe what he had just heard. 'Moving out...? To where ?' he asked himself. From there here backed down, stepping backwards with a hurt expression. His younger brother hated him now, and it was all his fault. He screwed up. Big time. Yoshihiko looked at his brother in fury. He was still angry for all the times the older had been disrespectful and mean to his best friend. It was cruel of him to give something to someone who didn't deserve it at all. Before the shorter male could utter another word, his brother had walked away, his eyes hidden with the help of his bangs, and a miserable and hurt aura radiating off of him. It was a pitiful sight; if you didn't know what happened before.

He walked to his room and shut the door in a slow and gentle manner. He looked up at the ceiling as tears began to fall down his cheeks. The drops of water pouring out of his eyes stung, but he didn't care. His pent up feelings needed to be let out or else he'd go crazy. The older reached his bed with wobbling legs and he plopped down while continuing to cry his heart out.

Meanwhile, Yoshihiko stood there, not saying anything. He was motionless. The latter was torn between checking on his brother from his sadness or leaving him be because of his anger. He was contemplating on it but after a few moments he knew one thing; anger always overpowered anything. He then glanced at his brother's door and left temporarily without saying a word more.

💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

Later, when the young Taki came back, he spotted no sight of his brother anywhere in the house. He checked anywhere, until his room. He opened the door and he wasn't there. Yoshihiko stepped closer, to see whether his brother was only hiding, but found a note stuck on the end of the bed. Curious, he grabbed it and opened it. It was addressed to him; why ?

'To Yoshihiko,

I know I haven't been the best brother for you, and I'm sorry for that. I know how close you and Yoda are, and I was jealous because I thought you didn't want to be with me anymore. I was scared of that, and it terrified me every time I close my eyes for sleep. The fights we have break my heart. It was my fault for being such a child. Knowing this, I did the only thing I could do so you can be free from my hatred. I will miss you, but I decided to go to California, where our aunt and uncle are to stay away from you. I don't want to be the burden of your life because I don't want you to be miserable because of me. I hope you're happy with what I decided to do. Who am I kidding ? Of course you are. Well...This is goodbye. I love you, brother :)...

- Your Older Brother,
Taki Sousuke'

He couldn't believe what he just read. His brother was gone. He was now permanently gone....Without himself knowing, tears had formed in his eyes and he was trembling. "Nii-chan..." He whispered. The letter dropped out of his hands as he slid down to the ground. "No...No...Onii-chan..." He cried. How could he have let this happen ? If only he tried to understand everything from his brother's point of view. He could have understood why he was so mad and jealous. It was too late now. He can't do anything about it. He can't change the past. It's all too late to even apologize. "ONII-CHAN !!!" he sobbed out. The pain in his heart grew stronger with every passing second. It was his fault. He was the guilty one in this situation. The younger crawled to the bed where his dear brother lied every night, and grabbed the blanket there. He wrapped himself up and let his tears drop. In this lonely world, his only source of happiness was gone, because of him. They could have made up, and things would've been okay.

They would have been okay. If it weren't for the growing rift between them that they wouldn't bother to fix. "W-Why....Onii-chan, I-I still need you." The whispers in his head told him that he should be ashamed of himself, leaving his brother alone, battling himself. He deserved to be ashamed. Now, the rift between them grew so enormous that it couldn't go back to the way it was again. Yoshihiko looked at the picture of Sousuke on the wall. The bright smile that disappeared, the happy eyes that no longer shines, and the brother beside him that broke his heart like it was glass. He thought that the feeling he had before of making up with the older was ridiculous. But it wasn't. He was blinded by the fury, the heavy feelings. This was the consequences of his actions. He should take it.

"I love you too, Brother...."

The darkness of sleep consumed him then.
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Poor Taki brothers...This one actually hurt to write more than anything else I've written in this book. Well, second to Shindou's secret. But I hope you like it ! Make sure to vote :)

We don't know for certain if they'll ever meet again or if the two end here. Yes, this MIGHT be the last time we'll see these two. But then again there's still hope we can see them again. Keep praying about the reunion and it'll probably come true. Probably.

That's all I have to say, see you guys next time, BYEEEE !!!
😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞
WORD COUNT : 1185 WORDS