FORTY FIVE

Today was the big day and Kat was so nervous, she couldn't sit down even for a moment

So, she was glad she had work to distract her but when she got let go early, she didn't know what to do.

She knew she should've waited for Tom to do the tree together but at that point, there was no stopping her from doing everything in the house to make it perfect for Tom when he arrived.

She knew it was crazy, Felicity told her that much, but she found that tidying up and baking were the only things that helped soothe her nerves.

So when Tom came home- sans Harrison because Felicity declared it a date night- not caring how tired he was, he was surprised to have stepped into a winter wonderland.

"Holy fuck," he whispered as he looked around the spotless- and Christmas decorated house, with the smell of gingerbread cookies coming from the kitchen.

"Tommy!" Kat squealed, quick to run over to him, jumping into his arms- leaving him a bit startled but he still held her nonetheless.

"Hello, love," he smiled, rubbing her back.

"You have no idea how much I missed you," she whispered, burying her head in his neck, taking in his familiar scent.

"I've missed you too, darling," Tom mumbled when the pulled away and he then caressed her cheeks, "But we're together now. Everything's fine."

"Ye-yeah."

"Or maybe not?" he questioned, finally setting her down, "What's all this?"

"This is Christmas."

"But we usually do Christmas together," Tom pouted, making Kat giggle.

"I know. I'm sorry- I just couldn't wait."

"I can see that," he mumbled, taking everything in, "Well, it looks great."

"I know. I did it. And I didn't have you distracting me."

"Hey! You don't complain at the end of the day!"

"Yeah, yeah," she chuckled, leaning up to kiss him quickly while he put his bags to the side.

"Did you make gingerbread cookies?"

"Yup," she began to guide him towards the tray of snacks, "I made gingerbread cookies, cookies cookies, flan-"

"Oh no," Tom quickly stopped, taking his hand from hers and finding himself grow nervous, "You only bake when you're stressed out... or hiding something... or upset! Fuck- I forgot the flowers. Let me just step out really quickly-"

Tom was cut off by Kat picking up some flowers and handing it to him, "You're the one who just came home. You deserve the flowers."

"O...kay. What's going on?"