Chapter 1

Mattie's POV:

When I came home from school I saw boxes everywhere. I was calling for my parents to ask them why we have boxes everywhere. "Your dad got a new job so we're moving!" Mom said. I could tell she was sad about it because she had tears in her eyes. I could not believe we are moving after everything we have done in kentucky! Kentucky has been a home to me ever since I was born, everyone is friendly, and all my friends and family live here! And I was in shock at the thought of moving and leaving my best friend Blair.

Blair and I have been friends since preschool. On the first day of preschool we sat next to each other and instantly became friends! We tell each other everything,do everything together, and we can't go shopping with out each other.

When I called her to tell her the news I was crying the whole time! I told her I was moving."where are you moving to" Blair asked. but I had no Idea so I told her I would text her where.

I went downstairs and asked my parents where we were moving to. "We'll your dad's new job is in Mooresville North Carolina so we are moving to." mom said. when mom said that the only thing I could think of was the drive and how far I would be from blair. Mom also said I would be going to Davidson day school next year for school. After mom told me I went up stairs to text Blair.

Me:we are moving to Mooresville North Carolina

Blair: how long is the drive?

Me: 8 hours:(

Blair: why are you moving?

Me: my mom said my dad got a new job down there and he had to have that job

Blair: wait did you say Mooresville North Carolina?

Me: yeah

Blair: and you are going to Davidson day school?

Me: yes

Blair: OMG I WISH I WAS YOU!

Me: why?

Blair: HAYES GRIER GOES TO THAT SCHOOL AND LIVES IN MOORESVILLE!!

Me:who is Hayes Grier?

Blair: ONLY THE HOTTEST GUY IN THE WORLD! HE AND HIS BROTHER ARE VINE FAMOUS!

Me: I don't know who you are talking about. Gtg mom is calling me downstairs for dinner. And don't tell anyone I'm moving I want to keep it a secret! Bye!

Blair: bye! Talk to you tomorrow!