Chapter Two.

[Anayaa]
The day didn't go that smoothly, what I actually wanted. I unintentionally tore a page of my book. I was informed, I had a test on the next friday. And the patient I attended today, was beyond pathetic. Not just that guy, but his whole family. Like, they indirectly blamed me that I prescribed wrong medicines, when they didn't even followed the chart, I made!

At somewhat 5: 46 p.m. when I came to the reception of City Hospital, I saw Maa sitting over there and talking to an Aunty. I walked over to there and Maa stood up. "This is my daughter. ", Maa pointed towards me. "This is Anjana Aunty.", Maa introduced. I smiled at her and greeted her. "Are we not getting late?", I narrowed my brows. "Oh, I completely forgot about it! Let's go.", Maa exclaimed.

Maa said, "We'll take your leave, now.", to that Aunty. As if we came to her house, Duh! "Were you supposed to come here?", I further asked. And Maa nodded in a 'No'. "Then?", I asked, again. "That Aunty stays in our building. She was coming to this Hospital. And I gave a company to her.", She explained. "Can't I be here?", Maa raised a brow. "Maa, did I ever say 'Don't Come To This Hospital'. No, right? Then?", I said and she shook her head. Later that day, Maa actually let me spend money on keychains, notepads and a birthday gift for Jai's wife. But told Maa that I wanted to buy a gift for Jai.

Soon after shopping, we took a rickshaw and came back home. After a while, Maa came to my room and saw me studying. She started at the pages of my book first, then looked up at me. And started talking to me.

"How long has it been, since you know Doctor Jai?", Maa asked. "First year in Medical School.", I said. Little did I knew she would ask me if I liked him or not. "How's he?", Maa asked. "Good. I mean, he is a very good person. As well as a doctor.", I said. "Is he a very good friend to you?", Maa again asked. "He used to do a proxy for me, if I was absent for a day, back in Medical School.", I said. "Oh. Does he like you? Or, do you like him?", was her next question. I suppressed my laughter and shot a glare at her. At one moment, I couldn't press my laughter. I ended up laughing. "He is already married. And His wife is 4 months pregnant.", I spoke, between my laugh.

The day passed by and thirteenth of June, the next day was. My best friend's Haldi Ceremony. I was neither a party animal nor a person who loved functions. I was loud. And I could be extremely loud, if wanted to. But it is just that, I love to stay at home. Just lie down on my bed with books, phone or the Television's remote.

I had light make-up over and wore a blue Kurti. Which was my favorite one. Later the same night I and Maa left for the function. Her family performed the rituals. She was happy! She was bound to, though. She was getting married to the man she loved. But she did cry a bit at the ending, when her mother broke down.

Maa, was talking to some uncle. Whom I clearly did not knew. My mother and her relatives. Maa called me and introduced me with that uncle. "This is Anayaa. My daughter.", She said. "Namastey.", I said forcing up a smile. The Uncle smiled back and Maa said, "He's Rajendra Uncle. Your papa's childhood friend.". That's how I met Rajendra Uncle. "How come I not know him, when he had been papa's 'childhood friend'?", I thought. Maa gave him papa's number as he said he lost it. And then said, that he will call within a few days.

Within an hour, I was bored enough to sleep anywhere. I went to Maa and whispered, "Can we go home please? I'm so sleepy!". I put my head on her shoulder and she said yes. We informed Disha and her parents and left from there, arm in arm. We got into our car. And the driver started driving.

"Why did he asked for papa's number? Is he going to fight up a case for him?", I asked. Barely opening my eyes. "You don't have to know everything.", Maa scolded. That's what I remember that night. And came back home and slept.

• She met Rajendra Uncle. Guess who's going to enter in her life within a few dayss?!!! 🙈💙