Chapter Twenty-Four.

[Anayaa]

A month later...

Darshan practically broke down a week ago. On the fourth of November. Yes, you guessed it right. His mother's death anniversary. I couldn't tell how it feels on that day, but deep down somewhere, I knew I was facing this soon. It had been almost three months, of Maa's death. I know how hard is it to recover from past, and then again, the events, occasions, dates are always there to forcefully remind you, about your lost; loved ones.

Anyway, November smoothly barged in. The wind blew coldly. The weather started changing. Usually, in the morning, it gets too tough to wake up and get ready. But it felt good indeed.

Yet another boring day at Hospital and then University. Yes, my internship will be over from the next year. And I'll have that same apron with a badge on it. Which will contain my name; 'Dr. ANAYAA DIXIT'. Gives butterflies, to even think about it. Me, as a full-time Doctor. This was exactly, what Maa wanted to.

Whenever I look back, I see myself denying to go to medical school. But then, Maa was there. And now, here am I, staring at a page of book in order to read, on my lunch period. But unfortunately, I am deeply drowned into the river of my thoughts.

My phone, which was in my apron's pocket, vibrated. I fished it out and the screen flashed Disha's number. I quickly picked it up and she said, "Where are you?", "Uni. Lunch. Canteen. Books. Lectures and stuff.", I sternly said. "How irritating!", She said. "I know, right?", I said. "How many lectures more?", She asked. "Just one.", I stated. "Coffee?", She asked. "Sure thing.", I said. "Starbucks?", She asked, again. "At seven?", I asked, back. "Deal.", She said. And we hung up.

Okay, okay, I know you are thinking about what kind of friends we are, right? She had a thing to tell, that's why she talked in this manner. How did I know? I have spent years, and half of my money, on her. You think, I wouldn't know? That's bad, though!

Next up was Professor Batra's lectures. I signed the attendance letter and passed it to others. The class soon ended, and I was free, finally! "Miss Dixit", Prof. Batra called out. Fuck off! "Sir?", I said. "I was wondering if you had Ranvijay's number.", He asked. I didn't had thus I told him the truth and left. Why would I have Ranvijay's number, when I never even had a conversation with him? I had to walk to Starbucks, which was at Santacruz. I pushed the door open and searched for Disha. As soon as she saw me, gave me terrific look. I'm not scared.

I sat on the sofa and firmly put my hands on the table. She gave me a final look, before starting her lectures. In which, I was least interested. "I was busy.", I said, before she could yell at me. "Go to hell.", She said. "Why?", I pouted. She gestured towards the table, where my phone was kept. A message from 'Him' pop up. I had the least amount of idea, She would get who this, 'Him' was, but she stayed with me. For so long, ugh, She knew way too well.

"Choose one.", She said. "Huh?", I asked. "Boyfriend or best-friend?", She asked. I sighed. "You know that, I will never choose...", I let my voice trail off and she smiled a little. "You, over 'Him'.", I smirked, finishing. Of course, 'What-The-Fuck' was plastered all over her face.

"He is not my 'boyfriend', let me remind you.", I said and She frowned. "I'm engaged to him. Understand?", I said. Which caused her to get even more angry. It was indeed one hell of a task to pacify her, but me being me, had done it! We had coffee and a chat, before we left for our residences. I slept, as soon as I came back home.