Chapter Ten - Late Night? Date Night!

[Darshan]
I unlocked the door and twisted the knob. The door clung open and Anayaa headed in. She looked back at me, astonished. I raised a brow at her and she muttered, "This is beautiful.". "You did this?", She asked. I nodded in a 'Yes.' "Wow!", She said, going near the living room.

"Thank you.", I said. "I'm not surprised, though.", She said, acting normal. "Hmm.", I nodded. "I'm hungry. Shall we eat?", I asked pulling out a chair, for her. "Are you a non-vegetarian? I never knew that.", She said serving food to our plates. "Don't tell this to Dad.", I said. "You too.", She laughed. And passed me my plate.

We discussed about sheer crap. My bosses, her patients. How inpatient they are and they can be. "Darshan!", She called my name out. I raised a brow at her. "Could you please sing a song?", She requested. I broke into a huge smile. And came up with me guitar.

"Shall I turn the lights off? Because the lights over there are illuminating the whole room.", She seeked for permission which I gave. "This is beautiful.", She whispered, admiring my guitar. I started playing with strings and sang,

"Dur hoke bhi, paas mere ho. Sapno se aage, ab hakeekat ban chuke ho!
Saari Ki Saari meri hain tuu, tujhko kabhi na main baantun. Har woh Lamha, jismein tum ho, Woh meri Zindagi hain. Saari Ki Saari, meri hain tuu, tujhko kabhi na main baantun. Jab jab neend na aaye, meri yaad sataye; Mujhe dil se pukaar lena, ehsaas banke tere paas rahu, bas mujhko dhoond lena.", I sang. And she clapped.

"Did I mentioned I was lost while you were singing?", She smiled. "Another one?, I asked. "Sure!", She said.

"Hmm, Saajna, kahan chupe ho? Ab dikha do, kitne haseen ho! Thode sharma te ho, thode begaane ho; thode roothe ho toh thode manane wale ho. Ke Zindagi khoyi si hain, toh tere bina adhoori si hain. Bolun main toh kya sunoge? Choti si Zindagi is mein sapne kitne honge sunoge kya, haan?", I finished. She clasped her hands out of enjoyment.

"You don't look good only, but you sing well, as well!", She praised. I kept my hand on my chest. And said, "Thanks. Multi-talented, you know.". "Yeah, right.".

She looked at her phone's lock screen and it showed 01: 32. "Shall I drop you home?", I asked. "No.", She said. "You dare saying "I'll manage". Because, I'm dropping you home.", I said. "Why on Earth, would you drop me home when I'll be staying here, tonight?!", She furiously asked. "You're staying here? Then we can sit back and talk till dawn.", I said pressing my back against the pillow, and that ached.

"Backache?", She asked. "Yeah.", I said. "Don't you use hot water-pad?", She asked. "I do. But I keep travelling and I don't get to rest as well so it stays like this.", I confessed. "It can't. It might create a disease in your backbone.", She said, bit sadly. "What should I do?", I asked. "Carry a hot water-pad.", She said. I rolled my eyes on her. And she said, "I'm serious.". "That won't always be possible, but I'll try., I said.

Anayaa stood up and said, "I'm going to change my clothes.". "They are probably on my cupboard.", I said. "Wait!", I ran after her. "I also need to take my clothes, na!", I said. I opened my cupboard and took out my clothes. And passed her, her clothes.

We came out together from two rooms. "Yeah.", I said as I was on  phone. "Um, I guess I need to give it a second thought.", I said. "Thanks.", I hung up. "Who?", She said. "A Lyricist.", I said. "He wrote a song and wants me to sing and compose it.", I added. "Why did you said you need to give it a second thought?", She asked. "I have reasons.", I said. "Explain.".

"Reason number 1 - The notes are high. I am afraid I won't be able to catch them. Reason number 2 - I don't really like that guy. Reason number 3 - I'm these days, thinking to do more independent songs. As I've already signed, sang many Bollywood songs.",I said.

"Fact number 1, Be confident, yaar! Self-confidence is good. But not over-confidence. Fact number 2, Work is work. Be it your enemy, you have to work with him. Fact number 3, you should balance both. If you release some three songs in an year, then the majority goes to either Bollywood or Independent. But if you release four or six songs then you can balance both.", She said.

"Why did I not think about this, earlier? But it takes a lot of time for the process.", I said. "Then, I suggest you, to remake or reupload or reshoot your old songs. The songs you made long back. The songs you never released.", She said.

"I never knew doctors can be good advisers as well.", I said. "That's why they are counsellors, na.", She said. Suddenly, the wind blew and the door of balcony opened. Anayaa headed towards the balcony, keeping her hands on the railing.

"I hate it when there are not many stars in illuminating the sky.", She said. "That is because of pollution, air-pollution, you know.", I said. "People don't take care of places nearby them. Worthless wrecks!", She said.

"The sky's state reminds me of few lined from Baarish Lete Aana. "Sing your heart out.", She ordered.

"Hmm, Phir bhi woh lamhe tum lete aana, aadhe-adhoore se jo chutein the. Taare bhi woh saare lete aana, jo humne dekha tha ke toote the!", I sang.

"How can you sing so well?", She asked. "When you say to someone -'Sing your heart out', then he has to sing his heart out. And that is when a song is beautiful, it's composition is beautiful and the person who sang it, his voice is beautiful.", I said.