Chapter Twenty - Past V/S Present?

[Anayaa]

"We meet, at last! No?", amidst all his cousin's and uncle-aunt's voice, a voice emerged. I looked at that person who called me out. "Hi, Darshan!", She exclaimed. I looked at Darshan, who just sighed in irritation. "Bhai, I was just wondering if I could give Bhabhi a house-tour?", Sneha - one of His cousin-sister - spoke.

"Yeah, sure.", He agreed. I stood up and smiled at everyone. "Snehu...!", Darshan called out, causing Sneha to turn. I don't know what Darshan gestured her but she nodded her head in a 'Yes.', as if she assured Darshan. She held my elbow and kind of dragged me. I looked back, at Darshan, who murmured; "You know what you need to do.", to Kajal, his another cousin, As everyone left but His cousins, Him and the girl stayed.

Sneha showed me every room and all. In which, I was least interested. She then took me to Darshan's room. "Wondering who the girl is?", She asked. "Yeah, if you could tell.", I said. "Sit.", She said. I sat on the bed and she sat on the bean bag.

"When Bhai was seventeen, He fell in love. With a girl named Parul.", She said. That reminded me of Darshan's girlfriend, who was his first kiss. "What connection does Parul have with that girl?", I asked. "That girl, whom you saw, is Parul.", She said. Ouch, She is the one, who broke Darshan's heart?

"Back then, we had a spare room. Since, mostly the ladies only stayed at home, so Bade Papa, means your father-in-law, decided to give her that room. She did payed for the room, every month. ", Sneha said.

"Gradually, She started to go almost everywhere Bhaiya went. Parul attended the same school Bhaiya did. Just because, the whole school had a crush on Him, She envied him", She said and I burst out laughing. Even she laughed with me. "She kind of used Bhaiya to gain popularity at their school. At first, Bhai failed to understand it. But when he did, He ditched her, right at the moment. ", She said.

"How did he got to know about her reality?", I asked, curiously. "He found her cheating on him. She was then after another famous guy.", She said. "Such a bitch.", Sneha added. "Language, Sneha.", Darshan interrupted. "Even though, She is. But, would it look nice to abuse her, in front of everyone?", He asked.

Does he still feel for her? Because, as far as I know, He was madly and badly in love with Parul...