Chapter Thirty-Nine - The Wedding.

[Anayaa]
12th March, 2019.
19: 02 P.M.

I was beyond scared, nervous. After all, I was getting married. The make-up artists were done doing my make-up. Bhabhi payed them and came back to me. I tried to put on the earring I was supposed to wear, but couldn't. I stared at my hands, who were freshly designed. Oh, last night, they applied Henna on my hand, again. And painted my nails in Dark Pink and Golden, matching with my outfit.

I wore a Magenta or Dark Pink coloured Lehenga, which was given by Darshan's family. Which was a little bit of heavy. Oh, it was Darshan's choice, by the way!

Bhabi came and helped me. "I can't believe the same Anayaa who had just turned fourteen year old when I got married, is getting married.", She said. "Funny, isn't it, how we grew old and got to know each other and fought with each other, for eight good years?", She added. I nodded.

"Do you want to tell me something?", I asked. "I'm telling this to you, only. Don't tell anyone, before I say.", She said. "Okay, but what is it?", I asked. "I'm pregnant.", She said. "What?", I asked. "It's almost been two weeks, and I couldn't tell Anant.", She added.

"Oh my God! Did you tell this to Annie?", I asked. "No, I don't want to ruin my surprise!",She said and I laughed. I hugged and congratulated her. "When are you going to tell Bhai?", I asked. "Today, after your marriage.", She said.

After half an hour later, Bhabi, Disha, Bhai and Aman, cousin of mine came to take me to the dias. The held out a big red Chunri over my head and I slowly walked to the dias. As soon as, I reached the dias, my eyes fell on him. Who nailed the look in traditional. He passed me a smile. And I blushed.

"You are getting married. Stop smiling, people will think tuu pagla gayi.", Disha said, wish I could slap her the hardest.

I saw him wearing the the Vermilion red and golden coloured sherwani that was gifted from my family, to him. As a gift.

-x-

Anayaa sat beside Darshan. Both passed each other smiles. Then the Priest called Anayaa's father to do some rituals. He came and performed the rituals. The Priest told Anayaa to keep her hand over Darshan's. She did, as instructed. Meanwhile, She did became a little emotional.

Both Darshan and Anayaa performed the ritual they the Priest instructed. The Priest kept chanting the Holy Mantras. He said them put the garland around each other's neck. They did and the Priest again chanted the Mantras.

They were told to stand up and walk around seven times, around the dias. And chant the vows after the Priest.

"You will offer me food and be helpful in every way. I will cherish you and provide welfare and happiness for you and our children", Darshan said.

"I am responsible for the home and all household, food and finance responsibilities", Anayaa said.

"Together we will protect our house and children.", Darshan swore.

"I will be by your side as your courage and strength. I will rejoice in your happiness. In return, you will love me solely.", Anayaa swore.

"May we grow wealthy and prosperous and strive for the education of our children and may our children live long.", Darshan said.

"I will love you solely for the rest of my life, as you are my husband. Every other man in my life will be secondary. I vow to remain chaste.", Anayaa said.

"You have brought sacredness into my life, and have completed me. May we be blessed with noble and obedient children.", Darshan swore.

"I will shower you with joy, from head to toe. I will strive to please you in every way I can.", Anayaa swore.

"You are my best friend, and staunchest well-wisher. You have come into my life, enriching it. God bless you.", Darshan said.

"I promise to love and cherish you for as long as I live. Your happiness is my happiness, and your sorrow is my sorrow. I will trust and honor you, and will strive to fulfill all your wishes.", Anayaa said.

"Now that you have taken six steps with me, you have filled my heart with immense happiness. Will you do the kindness of filling my heart with happiness like this for all times?", Darshan swore.

"I will always be by your side.", Anayaa swore.

"We are now husband and wife, and are one. You are mine and I am yours for eternity.", Darshan said.

"As God is witness, I am now your wife. We will love, honor and cherish each other forever.", Anayaa said.

"I will be with you, till death separates us.", they promised.

As they were done swearing, the Priest announced them as a couple; Husband and Wife. Darshan was told to put Vermilion and the Nuptial Chain around His Wife; Anayaa's neck, to complete the following rituals, which he did. They were told to take the blessings of their family.

Everyone happily gave their blessings to the 'Just Married' couple. Anayaa's family or you can say, Darshan's in-laws sobbed a little, as their beloved daughter, just got married. While taking blessings, Anayaa went to her brother and sister-in-law and both congratulated her. She congratulated them too.

The photographers never missed a second, to click the pictures. Anayaa and Darshan thought they would have plenty of pictures to pass the rest of their life, without clicking pictures.

Therefore, their families went to have the dinner. Anayaa sat next to Darshan. And the photographers clicked pictures, while the ate. With Anayaa, her best-friend, Disha sat and with Darshan sat his childhood buddy. Kritesh.

The newly married couple were told to pose for the photographers. As they went to the stage, one by one people came to take pictures with them. Celebrities, such as Prince Narula, Yuvika Chaudhary, Suyyash Rai, Rannvijay Singha, Pearl V Puri from the television industry.

And Arijit Singh, Rochak Kohli, Pritam, Shirley Setia, The Mohan Sisters (Neeti, Shakti, Mukti Mohan), Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan, Aayush Sharma and many other people attended the ceremony from the industry.

The couple later, went to Darshan's home. They had to perform rituals, before entering the place, too. Both were a little tired. But a proverb says, "All is well when end is well.". Well, if you are wondering did Disha disturbed Anayaa? Did Darshan's friend pull his leg?

The answer is: Yes. Disha teased Anayaa much more and obviously Darshan's friends pulled his legs. After all, they're his friends. And oh, Chinmay did attend the wedding and met Darshan's friends and colleagues.

Darshan and Anayaa started to leave the hotel to start their journey to Darshan's place. Of course, the atmosphere of the place turned sad. Everyone crying. Seeing Anayaa cry badly, even few people from Darshan's family cried as well.

But then they had to leave. Somewhat eight cars left together for Darshan's house. To welcome the couple. Throughout the journey, Darshan kept consoling Anayaa. As she was confused about being happy and sad.

Have fun while reading the next chapter ;)