Chapter Thirty-One - Planning.

[Darshan]

We all sat on the dining table. All eyes moving on me, Anayaa, Dad and Papa. Suddenly the doorbell rang. I and Anayaa shared an eye contact; knowing who could possibly be at the door. Anant opened the door and entered the Priest. Yes, everyone there, were present to finalise my 'wedding date'.

Everyone greeted the Priest cordially and settled down on the sofas. "I have seen their horoscope before, haven't I?", He asked. "Uh, yes. They are engaged.", Papa said. But, when did they showed our horoscopes to him? "But in front of the family only.", Dad added. "Then there is nothing to worry about. It's all fine.", Priest said. "Are you sure? I mean, you don't want to check it out once again, don't you?", Anant said. Pundit shook his head. "I don't want to. Moreover, they are engaged. What else is needed?", He assured.

Anayaa's expressions changed as the Priest assured. She felt relieved, a bit. Papa cleared his throat and said, "So, show them an auspicious date to tie the knot on.". "Shall I show it of this month?", Asked the Pundit. "We'll at least need a month and a few days for booking the hall, printing cards, shopping, decoration and stuff.", Anant said.

"We will have to invite the guests, too!", Bhakti said. "Then I'll show a date from March. Would that be okay?", said the Priest. Everyone agreed and he began rolling his eyes on a calendar, He held out. He smiled and said, "12th of March is an very auspicious date.". "Don't you think we would need a week to perform all the rituals and all? Is the week auspicious?", Dad asked.

"From the 5th to the 13th of March is auspicious, only. After that, it'll be in the middle of April.", The Priest said. Papa brought a Diary from His room. "We first will have...", His voice trailed off, while scanning through the pages of the diary.

"Aah, yeah. We first will do the engagement, then Darshan's 'Haldi Ceremony', Then Anayaa's will be held on the next day. On the third day we will throw a 'Hina Ceremony'.", Papa said. "Henna", Bhakti corrected. "Yeah, the next night the 'Wedding' the wedding will be held in Ahmedabad. And two days later, the reception will be held in Mumbai.", He added. "Seems like it's all planned.", The Priest said.

"That's planned by me, Anayaa's Mom and Your Dad.", Papa said. "When?", Anant asked. "On phone, today.", He said. Woah, He knew? Thanks, Dad! "5th to 13th March is final, then?", the Priest asked. "Yeah, we guess.", Dad said. Papa gestured something to Bhakti and she pulled out some money from Papa's wallet, which was in her hand. She gave it to Papa and He gave it to the Pundit. He hired him for the 'Wedding'. Everyone except I and Anayaa went to see off the Priest.

"12th of March, will be the day, hmm?", She said, closing the door. "Finally.", I said. "Guess how many days are left for the 'Wedding Week'?", She asked. "68 days more.", I said. "Which means, boyfriend or fiancé, whatever you are, you have some two months only. And then, I'll be of my Husband's Wife.", She said. "Finally.", I said. "So... Bye?", She asked. "Hmm, bye.", I said.

She opened the door for me. She bid me once again and I finally left for the parking where everyone was. I went to them and saw everyone talking. Bhakti and Anahita were going towards the lobby and I bid them, too. Later, I went to Dad and Papa. And told them, that we should be leaving, now. Dad sat on the passenger's seat and I drove off to home.

Dad was about to enter his room when I stopped him. "Aah, Dad!", I said. He turned to my side. "Thanks for everything that you did at Anayaa's house.", I said. "Anytime.", He said. And went straight to his room. I went to my home-studio.
The countdown begins! 75 days more. And on the 76th day, Her and I, will be committed to each other. ♡

●How many of you, didn't know that my birthday is on the 12th of March? 😂👀

//P.S. Being a Muslim, I suck at writing about Pundits, marriages and all in Hindu customs. Forgive me, if possible!//