Chapter Thirty - Asking for Permission.

[Darshan]

I turned to my right side and felt her hot breath on my bare shoulder, as I slept without a shirt on. I placed my left hand on her back, wrapping her even tighter around me. Just to be with her; just to stay close to her! Her cold nose pressed on my shoulder. Suddenly, She jerked up. I barely opened my eyes.

"You don't have a class, bimbo! Sleep!", I said, grabbing her arm. "I need to go home.", She said. "Later.", I said, finally pulling her back. She smiled. And kissed my cheek. Her smile and face shone even brighter than the Sun. SHe was that beautiful, that I fell in love with, everyday. I mean, I couldn't resist but do so.

"Darshan!", She whispered. "Hmm?", I said, playing with the split end of her hair, while keeping my eyes shut. "What are you wearing today?", She asked. "Seriously, woman? You are asking this at somewhat eight in the morning? Wow!", I said. She slapped my hand, playfully. "That hurt.", I said.

"Wear whatever you want to but not your t-shirts, please!", She pleaded. "Excuse me, what is wrong with my tees? I mean like, all of 'em are my favourites. Don't insult them; and my choice, too!", I scoffed. "Please, look at your collection. I mean, Papa will say 'NO' just as he sees you in your that 'banana printed tee-shirt'.", She said. "Acha?", I said. "And he will vomit after seeing you in your favourite 'sunshine' t-shirt. It's so clumsy lumpish.", She said.

I quickly rolled to her side and hovered on top of her. "Do you want me to wear my best attire?", I asked. "Which is?", She asked. "Calvin Klein boxers.", I winked at her. "Darshan!", She said, aimlessly hitting on my arm. She tossed us over and came on the top. "Wear a plain shirt.", I said. "And not ripped jeans, please!", She said. "Just a simple dress won't cost you anything.", She said. "But it will cost you.", I smirked. She raised a brow asking, "What?". I leaned in and she placed her palm on my face.

I tossed us again and placed one hand on her waist and removed her hand from my mouth. I tucked a strand full of her hair, behind her ear. And traced down her earlobe to jawbone. Leaning in slowly, I exhaled near her face. She swallowed hard. And I kissed her cheek and then ear.

"Darshan", She softly moaned. "Hmm?", I asked. "I need to go.", She said, fumbling. "Shall I drop you off?", I asked. "Only if you wear a proper attire.", She said, finally pulling her out of my grip. "Then you can proceed without me, thank you.", I straightforwardly said. Her jaw fell on the ground and I wore my shirt.

"Are you not going to brush your teeth?", She said, pulling out a toothbrush. "I need to sleep. I'll drop you home and then come back and sleep.", I said. "Ew! Don't ever kiss me again, you filth! Chiii, I need to vomit.", She spoke in disgust. After ten minutes, She came from the washroom and said, "Chalein?", "Chalo.", I said, passing her, her phone.

I drove off to her place and dropped her home and came back home. On the lobby, I spotted Dad over there. 'What's he doing here?', I asked myself. 'Thank God, he'said here. I'll have to go with him at Anayaa's house, to ask for her hand.', I thought to own. "Darshan.", He said. "Hi, Dad.", I said. "What are you doing here?", I asked. "I came to meet you.", He said. Really? Please, I'm not the same Darshan. "Where were you?", He asked. "I went to drop Anayaa home. She was here last night.", I said.

"Oh.", He said. "Let's go", I asked. "Did you have something to tell me?", I asked. "No. Did you?", He asked. "Yeah.", I said, pushing the door open. "I actually wanted to marry Anayaa. So, will you come with me t'night to ask for her hand, from her family?", I asked. "That's amazing. I will, I surely will.", He said. "So happy for you, son.", He said. "Thanks.", I said, dragging myself towards my room and then to my bed.

After an hour of sleep, I got up and finally brushed my teeth. I went straight to my home-studio and didn't stepped out of the room before 6 p.m. 'Be here before 8: 30 sharp.', Anayaa's message read. I walked out of the home-studio and knocked on Dad's room's door. He opened the door and I said, "We will leave at 8 something, for her house. Would that be okay?", "Sure.", He said.

I went to my room and took out a plain baby blue shirt. Which had nothing printed on it. That girl had done something to me, honestly! I took a shower and wore my shirt and jeans. I decided to comb my hair. I walked out of my room and saw Dad waiting for me. I gestured him to head downstairs, and I locked the apartment and shoved the keys in my pocket.

I drove off and it took somewhat 10 minutes to drive me to there, as traffic wasn't an issue at that time. I breathed in and Dad rang the doorbell. Bhakti opened the door and greeted us at and we sat on the sofas. Later, Uncle came and started talking to Dad. "Excuse me, I need to use the washroom.", I said, making my way to Anayaa's room. I knocked on the door and she yelled,

"Come in, Annie!". I walked towards her, and realised she wore the same outfit she wore, on our first date. "Hi.", She chipped. "Hey.", I said. "I brought Dad with me.", I added. "Is this finally happening?", She asked. "Yes!", I said.

Time skipped to dinner.

We were all having dinner. Anayaa sat on my left and Anahita on the right. "Aanand, Darshan wanted to say something.", Dad said. "Which is about Anayaa and Him.", He added. "Uncle, You, Aunty and Dad made our pair, and I want to say thank you for that.", I stopped, Anayaa hold my hand. "I want to marry Anayaa.", I said. He shook his head. "Well, for that...", He paused, all eyes on him. "...Start calling me, Papa and not Uncle.", He added. "Thank you, Papa.", I bet, I sounded like the happiest person on the Earth.

"Shall I call the Priest, Papa?", Anant said. "Ask them. Would it be okay if we call the Pundit to fix the date?", Papa asked. "Why not?", Dad replied. Anant stood up from his chair and went to the kitchen. He said something on phone and came back. "Done.", He said.