Chapter Thirty-Two.

[Darshan]

Friday, 4th of January, 2019.

The first week of 2019 ends. I remember, the first day of this month, I and Anayaa were at a private gig. Yes, I had started to introduce her, to my people; my family, friends and all. And tonight, I am here at my apartment, waiting for her.

Ding... The doorbell rang and I ran to the door. I opened it and She stood there, with someone. Wait, wasn't that Sid? "Hello?", I said. Anayaa turned to me and said, "Hi!". "Before you ask me, let me tell you, I'm here to get my papers back. "Oh, these?", I asked, showing them the papers that I held on my hand. He nodded and said, "I'll take your leave.", "Sure.", I replied.

"No, wait!", Anayaa said. "Stay.", She added. "Some other day, for sure.", Sid promised. She smacked my arm, as soon as Sid disappeared. "Ow, woman that hurt!", I winced in pain. "I need to teach you manners.", She said. Throwing her apron over me. Rude.

"Are you going to make me something? I'm too hungry!", She said, throwing herself over the sofa. "I'll go freshen up and you get me something to eat!", She said, running towards the washroom. In no moments, She showed up and I still struggled with deciding what to make. She huffed. I saw my laptop, on her hand. I quickly shut it.

"What?", She said. "I'd be asking the same. What are you doing?", I asked. "Trying to unlock it. Trying to guess the password.", She said. "Is that why you huffed?", I asked, opening it. "Yes. Why?", "Nothing.", I said. "Type the goddamn password!", SHE frowned. "Nuh-uh. You better guess it.", I smirked.

She typed few numbers and then quitted trying. I turned the laptop to my side and typed, 373957. And the screen unlocked. "What does that mean?", She asked. "Nothing. I don't know why I made it.", I said, heading towards the fridge. I pulled out an Ice-cream tub from the freezer. And placed it on the marble counter. Anayaa sat on the marble platform and took out the ice-cream scoopers.

"We won't need them.", I said. She raised a brow to ask, 'Why'. "We'll use spoons to have them.", I said. She slapped my hand and said, "Bowls?", "Have it from the tub, only.", I said. She shut my laptop and placed the cold tub of ice-cream on it. The fuck? "What are you doing?", I yelled, as she left for my room. I ran to my bedroom and she turned on the Air Conditioner. Is she mad or something? She placed the tub on the bed and gestured me to sit with her.

I did as gestured. She quickly clicked the icon of, 'My files', and started scrolling through my pictures. She tapped on a photo and began flipping. I ate the ice-cream quietly and same did she. While scrolling through, She found out some pictures of mine with Parul. "You really liked her a lot, didn't you?", I choked on my ice-cream.

"Yeah, no, I mean,--", I fumbled with my words. "It's okay.", She said. A little disappointment smeared all over her face. "I liked her, it's true. I can never deny the fact that, She was the first person, I fell in love with. But, that was only for a limited time. When I got to know, She just wanted popularity, I left her. And I swear, I never talked to her, after that. Even though, She tried to and Neha also but, it all went in vain.", I said.

She smiled. "Neha?", She asked. "Yet another cousin. But her another identity is Parul's best friend. Which she still is.", I said. "Oh.", She said. Anayaa put the tub on her other side and practically jumped on me. "Woah, go slow, girl!", I said. She hugged me. I hugged her back. "I love you.", She whispered. "I know. I love you, too.", I said, rubbing her back.

She broke the hug I showed her a few more pictures. I gradually fell asleep, while finishing the ice-cream tub. And showing her pictures. I felt a soft hand, running through my hairs. And then caressing my cheek. Yes, it was hers. She placed her cheek over mine. And we slept!