Chapter Four.

[Anayaa]
"Namaste", The guy chipped. "He is Dheeraj, Disha's cousin.", Uncle introduced. "Means your Son?", I felt the urge to ask him but then decided to shut up. "My younger brother's Son. Disha's Uncle's Son, He is.", Uncle explained.

The guy was tall, good-looking. A fact that he was indeed good-looking. Soon He left, leaving the four of us alone. By the time, we had eaten our food. Papa said to Uncle that he'd contact him as soon as possible. And Uncle said that, he will see when would he be free. Which clearly meant they wanted to meet each other.

Like that, days turned into weeks, weeks into a month. Papa and Uncle were in touch. They talked with each other almost every second day. And Uncle would say, "He is very busy. And not free at all.". He who?

It was 18th of August, I clearly remember. Rajendra Uncle came to our house. I was made to sit in front of him. With Bhai, Bhabhi and of course, both my parents.

"Beta, as you know, I'm your father's childhood friend. We share an amazing bond; relation. We wanted to take this relation to another level. And we want both of you to say yes to this.", Uncle took a breathe. "Yes to what, Uncle?", I asked. Little did I know, what they wanted.

"I don't have a daughter. I look up to you, as my daughter. You are my daughter who doesn't stay with me, in my house.", Uncle paused. "I- d-didn't got you, Uncle. Sorry, but could you be a little more clear?", I asked, softly.

With a sharp breathe in, Uncle finally said, "You said that you'll marry that guy whom your parents chose. They have chosen my son. Will you marry my son and be my daughter and daughter-in-law?".

I was left frozen. My hands, my entire body was shivering and I was cold. I didn't know what to say; how to react. I was numb. "Do you guys like Uncle's Son?", I asked my parents, and Bhaiya-Bhabhi. That was the moment when even Bhakti Bhabhi's consent mattered. And my entire family nodded, in sync.

My eyes filled with tears. My vision was a bit blur. I inhaled and smiled, weakly. All eyes on me. "Yes. I will.", I said. And shut my eyes tight. And tightened my fist. Papa and Uncle hugged each other. Maa almost cried. And Bhaiya looked like the happiest person.

"But does your son like me? Has he even saw me, yet?", I asked. "He said he liked you, when I made him to see your picture. He did saw you.", Uncle replied. Uncle shoved his hand in his pocket and fished out a small box. A box which contained the ring. He opened the box and said,

"My son is extremely busy. He is a singer and has been promoting a movie, which's songs are sang by him. Thus, he couldn't come. We have a ritual. If by any chance, the groom fails to show up his mother can make his bride wear this ring. His mother isn't with us anymore. That's why I am putting this ring in your finger.". He held out the Diamond Studded Platinum Ring, out of the foam box.

I forwarded my hand and he slipped it into my Ring Finger. Congratulations, to me! I was engaged to a man, I didn't know how he looked, what's his name. All I knew was - He had been my father's friend's son, who was a singer.

"What's his name?", I whispered in Bhakti Bhabhi's ear. "Darshan.", She replied. "Darshan Raval."