Chapter Twenty-Seven.

Cover by Nabihadz. Thanks, love! ♡

[Anayaa]

Yet another weekend, it was. Actually, no. It was probably the last Sunday of November. Darshan had flew to America last week. Can't believe it has been some eight-nine days, since he left for NY.

He asked me if I could go with him, but then again, my classes and duties stood up as huge-ass barriers. And thus, He had to go, all alone! He needed rest, after all. He had done a lot of hard work. Well, his hard work, it did pay off. He said, he would be back in a week and spend the day with me, only.

It really scares me sometimes, how close I and him have became. My experience with my loved ones, hadn't really been that bad. But still, He was just too much and nevertheless one to be there, for me. He was just... so cute! I could never really describe him, for the nature of him. And of course, his moods too! Simply unbearable.

[Darshan]

New York, USA.

I was there, at  the historic 'Times Square'. "People in here, believe that when you meet someone here, even for once in life, you get to meet them again.", Kritesh said, breathing in. "That's sheer bullshit, now!", I said. How could that possibly happen?

"You never know.", He whispered. "Oh Fuck.", Kritesh whimpered. "What?", I asked. He pointed out at a woman, standing nearby the bridge. Who probably was crying. My eyes widened, as the vision of the woman got clear. And I realised who she actually was. "That can't be Amy, right?", Kritesh slapped his forehead.

Amallia Knox, the half Indian, half American, who could barely say a word in Hindi. Not blaming her, though. Well, She is/was Kritesh's ex. Yes, the one, who dumped him. "Aren't we supposed to see her even for once?", I asked, out of the blue. So that we could just see her. And Kritesh'd ask her why she was here, crying.

Kritesh did exactly what I had and hadn't assumed. As far as I knew him, I had the idea that he would just go to her and talk. But he, being the 'lover boy' he is, practically ditched me. That hurt, though. And was close to home! I moved, okay, rushed towards and them. And Amallia said, "Krit, I don't know when, but I'm sorry.". What are sorry for? Bitch, why the heck am I so eager to know? It's my best-friend's life. Let him handle it. Darshan, calm down.

I sipped the coffee, that was in my hand. Getting colder. Soon, when Kritesh probably realized that he had dumped me, came back to me. "Do you remember me?", I asked. Earning a death stare from him. He murmured something beneath his breath. Which took me a time to realise what he had said.

"She what?", I spoke in disbelief. "You heard it right, dickhead.", He scolded. "Man, the child is yours. Who are you cursing? Look before you leap. Watch it.", I said narrowing my eyes on Amallia. "Is she actually---", I paused as I realised, if I had said a word more, Kritesh would have killed me. "Um, what on Earth is she crying for?", I said. Never liked her too much, though.

"For breaking up with me.", He said. He looked sad. "Congratulations, go marry her.", I said. Shoving my hand in the pocket of my overcoat. "Excuse me?", He said. I looked up at him. "Hey, what is she doing here? Isn't she supposed to be at Brisbane?", I asked. "Damn man, that made sense though!", He said running towards her. "She's a liar, watch it!", I yelled and he laughed.

Moments later, he came back. A huge smile smeared on his face. I couldn't actually figure out if it was a smile or a smirk. But he looked relieved. "She says that she got to know 'somehow' that I was here. Bitch.", He cursed. "Happy realisations.", I said. "What now?", I asked. "Nothing. Wait, who the fuck is this Amy, now? Do I even know her?", He smirked. Aah, he's over her, fucking finally! I can die peacefully now.