Chapter Eight - Problems.

[Darshan]
I hugged and rubbed her back till her sobs turned silent, leaving her asleep. I too had fallen in sleep, but I woke up, when I realized my shirt material was being clenched and were a bit wet. I leaned against my back and saw Anayaa, who'd been crying. Poor her. I felt her. I put my own self in her shoes and my memories flashed.

When she realized I hadn't been sleeping, she pulled away. "Sorry.", She muttered, wiping her tears. "Where am I?", She asked in a light voice. "It's my apartment.", I said. "Why am I here?", She asked, again. "See, what I did and what I'll be doing, is undoubtedly for you. I know how it feels when a parent dies. Especially, when it's your mother.", I paused. "You'll stay here until you're out of the pain of your loss. And that's an order from your family. I'm not saying a thing.", I said. "But...", She nagged. "Don't annoy me.", I said. "When did you brought me here?", She questioned. And I told her, how I kind of 'Kidnapped' her.

She later was curled up in bed. I decided to give her space. So I headed towards my home-studio. Minutes turned into hours, neither did she came to me, nor did I. But then I realized, was she okay? I rushed at my room and saw her sleeping. But not in a proper manner. I went closer to her and shook her shoulder. She didn't replied. I tapped on her shoulder, no reply.

I quickly called in the Doctor, thinking she was unconscious. My hands sweated, and body tensed up. Doctor came in a while and examined her.

"Is she going through some trauma? Has something traumatic happened to her?", the Doctor asked. "Actually, her mother died.", I said. "Oh. Take care of her. Nothing to worry about, but don't let her take too much stress.", She said and I nodded. "Are you her Husband?", She asked again. "Yes, I am.", that wasn't a lie, I told her the half-truth. She handed me a prescription for Anayaa. And left.

I went to the pharmacy and bought her medicines. When I came back, I saw her trying to get out of the bed. "Don't.", I said. Trying to look stern. "Why are you doing this? I don’t even want to stay with you, Can't you just understand?", She argued. I held her hand dragged her to the door. "That hurts. Leave me!", She cried while protesting. "Go. You wanted to, now go. Rush, come on! If you start running now, you'll reach your place real soon, trust me.", I said.

"Can you not understand that I'm trying to help the shit out of you? I just don't want you to go through, what I'd been through. All I want and know is, at this moment you need me or someone who fucking has lost his mother.", I scolded. "Why? Why do you want so?", She cried. "Know what? I don't owe an fucking explanation!", I said.

I pressed my fingers against my forehead, because that hurt. I ran my fingers through my hairs and said, "Look, I'm sorry. I genuinely am. I understand in which situation are you. I just don't want you to be another 'Darshan Raval' who nearly killed his own self.", I confessed.

"You tried to attempt suicide?", She asked. "Kind of. But hey, I lost my mental balance and it just... You won't get it, chuck it off!", I said. "Tell me.", She argued to know about my accident. "Promise me, you won't try it.", I said. And she nodded.

"When Maa passed away, it hurt me the most. I was the person who cared about her, only. It might look like, Dad cared a lot about her, no! He didn't. He was least bothered about her. I used to cry whole night. God knows, how many nights I passed without sleeping. Out of fear. Fear of Maa will come in my dreams and just call my name out.", I said. "The same happened with me, last night.", She confessed. "See? I told you!", I said. "Tell me what happened, next.", She said.

"Even sleeping pills couldn't help me, I would somehow end up waking up at the middle of night. I would sweat heavily and pant. Once, there was a knife nearby and held it tightly over my wrist, no wonder why. Dad saw me and stopped me. He thought I was suffering from some mental disease. And he ended up submitting my form to some Mental Asylum. I managed to escape from home, as he didn't took me there. I started living in here. Out of anxiety, stress I started consuming Beer. And now, I'm fine, I guess.", I confessed.

"Didn't you got the habit of consuming it all the time?", She asked. "I did. Gradually, I managed to quit it. Now, if it's some occasion or I am depressed, you'll find it in my hand. And me out of control.", I smiled. She too, but suddenly she hugged me. "I'm sorry, I misunderstood you.", She chipped. "Never mind.", I said parting away.

"Now, you are not going to follow my steps, okay?", I asked. And she nodded in a 'No'. "Breakfast?", I asked. "Shall I make it?", She asked. "The kitchen is there. You know how to cook?", I asked. "Maa taught me.", She replied. "Even I can cook.", I said. "I can make basic Sabzi, Dal, Khichdi, Paratha and all.", I boasted. "Good. I always wanted my husband would know how to cook.", slipped out of her mouth. Which she regretted saying. And when realized, She bit her tongue, slapping her forehead.

"Um... One must know how to cook. You can be in any situation. You never know, right?", She corrected her. And I tilted my head to both sides. "I'm sorry for misbehaving with you, again.", She apologized. "You don't have to be. When I was stuck in the same situation, I behaved like you.", I said.

"Don't you have to go to the Hospital? Don't you have duty?", Out of nowhere, I asked her, in order to change the topic. "Shit, I forgot about it!", She said. I smiled a little and said, "Once you're done, get dressed. I'll drop you off.", I said. "That's not---", I cut her off saying, "Is it necessary to argue? Just keep quite. Shh.".